While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the “Advertisement” drop down menu when applying.
Interested candidates should be advised that this position, as part of the Shared Services team, will be located at our Enterprise Square campus (10230 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB).
The University of Alberta is seeking a creative, driven and solution-focused Senior Consultant, Innovation Training Strategy to join the Service Innovation leadership team. In this new role, the position will report to, and work closely with, the Director, Service Innovation to help build a close-knit community of smart, approachable people who collaborate, exchange knowledge and ideas, and identify creative solutions.
The Senior Consultant, Innovation Training Strategy, applies various training practices, methodologies, and platforms to assist process users and other stakeholders to understand, adapt to, and adopt new processes and automated solutions. By working collaboratively as part of a Service Innovation team, the incumbent creates engaging and informed training strategies that drive successful implementation of new and redesigned processes. The Senior Consultant also provides project leaders from across the University with insights and recommendations on how to manage dynamic and creative training as part of transformation initiatives.
As our successful candidate, you will apply specialized knowledge and experience in learning, curriculum development and instructional design to create and/or facilitate exceptional learning experiences for employees in a variety of learning modalities.
The position requires a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, independence, leadership, flexibility and exceptional interpersonal skill. Ongoing communication and interaction with AVPs, Directors, Senior Level Administrators, Executive Assistants, and external contacts demand a high level of discretion and confidentiality. In many cases, the Senior Consultant will be expected to lead and influence without formal authority.
As the Senior Consultant, Innovation Training Strategy, your areas of focus will be:
- Uses personal credibility and reputation to counsel the Director, Service Innovation, and other academic and administrative leaders to follow advice and counsel on how to manage training in support of transformation. When faced with opposition, presents thoughtful, fact-based counter-arguments.
- Serves as an expert resource to area leadership on training frameworks, practices, and techniques. Leads complex, specialized training strategy and plans on behalf of Shared Services.
- Generates original ideas, formulates strategies, proposes projects and initiatives, and develops innovative training solutions based on professional or discipline- specific expertise.
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the internal and external context in which the University and Shared Services operates.
- Anticipates issues and challenges, and aligns work and recommendations accordingly.
- Proactively identifies and interprets information that impacts Service Innovation training strategy and plans; aligns own work accordingly.
- Develops customized, fit-to-purpose training strategies and plans that demonstrate a deep understanding of specific practice/process changes and applies change practices such as communications, engagement, change networks, training, etc.
- Portrays an attitude that encourages others to see the positive outcomes from doing things differently and adapting through change.
- Incorporates aspects of successful training solutions from other organizations but adapts them to create a made for purpose solution for the University.
- Supports the creation and development of a training resource toolkit for Shared Services.
- Works with other team members to redesign Shared Services practices and processes and to promote and sustain enduring change.
- Oversees the development and delivery of user training, training records, and training resources for sustained change.
- Leads training planning and resource development components from needs analysis and design, through implementation and assessment for transformation initiatives.
As our ideal candidate, your professional experience will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Certification(s) in Training and/or Adult Learning.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in Institutional Training and/or Adult Learning.
- Experience in Human Resources is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success in curriculum development, instructional design, and implementation and facilitation of learning in a variety of modalities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a public speaker and instructor, presenting information effectively in front of a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to provide information and advice in a transparent and professional manner, using compelling and well-researched information and trends to provide appropriate recommendations, solutions, and new ideas.
- Superb oral and written communication skills, including the ability to tactfully deliver advice, feedback, and unwelcome news.
- Proven ability to model professional, ethical and collaborative behaviors.
In accordance with the Administrative and Professional Officer Agreement , this full-time continuing position offers a comprehensive benefits package found at: Faculty & Staff Benefits and annual salary range of $69,627 to $116,043.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in compliance with the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Directive. Fully Vaccinated means a status an individual achieves 14 days after having received the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, and requires the individual to maintain the recommended number and type of vaccine doses as updated and required by Health Canada thereafter.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.