This competition is open to all applicants; however, internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority consideration before external candidates. Please indicate your internal status using the “Advertisement” drop down menu when applying.
This position will be performed primarily in-person at the University of Alberta’s North Campus.
This competition is a reposting. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Reporting to a Manager (Applicant Services), the Specialist, Research & Curricula (R&C) is an expert in admissions processes, policies, domestic and international education system. R&C works as part of a team of Specialists to support policy development, training, quality assurance, and implementation of admissions processes, procedures and supporting documentation.
This position will support the building and maintenance of positive stakeholder relations with colleges, faculties, departments and external bodies for information sharing and development of best practices and is responsible for updating resources.
- Provides expert guidance, advice, information, and knowledge sharing in the interpretation of admissions policy and procedures
- Develops and maintains extensive physical/online resource base and reference materials
- Provides onboarding and ongoing training for staff members
- Keep abreast of changes in domestic and international education systems to expand knowledge base and help identify the need for changes to admissions procedures and policies
- Through environmental scans of other post-secondary systems, suggest policy and/or procedure changes to admissions
- Acts as an expert resource on admissions to other units, colleges, faculties, departments and other areas across campus
- Supports the creation of articulation agreements for transfer admissions with other post-secondary institutions
- Collaborates to develop quality management and assurance procedures and methods
- Works closely with Functional Analysts and Managers to develop and maintain reports for monitoring quality assurance
- Works with Managers to ensure updates and changes are reflected in training resources
- Supports the ARDA in the formulation or modification of policies and identifies progressive and equitable policies and procedures that promote high academic and student service standards
- Assists the ARDA with the implementation of governance-approved faculty admission requirements changes
- Participates in admissions related working groups to build effective relationships and support continual process improvement
- Provides a supportive role to the rest of the team and other units in the Office of the Registrar in building a collaborative and cohesive environment
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Strong commitment to service excellence, equity, diversity, inclusion and indigenization
- Training and experience in adult education pedagogy is an asset
- Experience in developing training resources and delivering training is an asset
- Proven track record in building and nurturing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with international education systems and a second language are assets
- Experience related to the registration and admissions of students in a complex post-secondary education environment is an asset
- Familiarity with Campus Solutions/PeopleSoft or other Student Information Systems an asset
COVID-19 Vaccination: Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in compliance with the University’s COVID-19 Vaccination Directive. Fully Vaccinated means a status an individual achieves 14 days after having received the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, and requires the individual to maintain the recommended number and type of vaccine doses as updated and required by Health Canada thereafter.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.