The Fraser Institute has an opening for a Senior Policy Analyst in Education Policy. This position is ideal for a strong writer and researcher, with an interest in public policy, who values an active learning environment and is looking for a rewarding and challenging career with room for advancement in a team of policy experts.
Reporting to the Director or Executive Vice President, the Senior Policy Analyst plays a critical role in executing the research agenda for the Fraser Institute’s Education Policy centre.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work independently and collaboratively to research and write policy papers, including conducting statistical analysis and communicating the findings of your research through various media channels
- Work collaboratively with our quantitative research team on school report cards and provide media support when they are released
- Consistently leverage current and past research
- Write op-eds and blog posts
- Stay up-to-date on issues related to your research centre
- Communicate policy ideas through presentations and media appearances and be the spokesperson for the education policy centre
- Develop, maintain and cultivate a network of outside scholars and academics
- Contribute to the Institute’s overall mission by actively participating in the Institute’s initiatives and identifying new areas of exploration
- You believe in our mission and want to help improve the quality of life for Canadians their families, and future generations by studying, measuring, and sharing research in the education policy space
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ policy experience and a masters’ degree in economics or a related field and a strong knowledge of research in education policy issues in Canada
- You have strong writing skills and a proven record of producing written products on a short timeline
- You believe in evidence based policy
- You have excellent communication skills including the ability to write material in a clear manner to a non-technical audience
- You have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- You have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country
- A great work culture in an active learning environment
- An opportunity to make a difference
- An attractive compensation package, which includes extended health and dental benefits, MSP coverage and a great RRSP plan
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
- Please email your résumé and cover letter (including salary expectation) to the Human Resources Director at: [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Policy Analyst”. We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Application deadline: March 31, 2020