Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
IT Communications (IT COM), a unit within IT Services, provides the McGill community with effective IT training practices, communications and web publication services based on McGill’s user needs and preferences. A part of our responsibility is to maintain a comprehensive catalog of all IT services and end user documentation for all centrally-provided IT services, through the IT Knowledge Base. The Training and Communication Assistant’s responsibility is to make the knowledge base searches more relevant and effective for users and to present content which is more responsive to identified needs, and would work to continually improve the quality and access to McGill’s IT knowledge base.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improvement of the tagging of knowledge base articles, as a means to enhance the navigation-experience of the user* (I.e. refine and expand list of keywords for each article to enhance and improve accuracy of search results.)
- Supplementing image inventory and instructions documenting A/V facilities in class rooms and meeting rooms for our knowledge base
- Recommendations on tools and/or methods for improving our “knowledge” inventory
- Participate in the analysis of existing knowledge base usage, the evaluation of statistics and user feedback, and requirements gathering approaches (surveys, etc.) to validate effectiveness of improvements to search results.
- Work with documentation staff and subject matter experts to refine the metadata, and assist in the creation of improved templates to enhance and promote best practices among knowledge base content developers/providers.
Minimum Education and Experience:
(MPEX Grade 01) $44,140.00 – $51,930.00 – $59,720.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
IT Training & Comm Mgr
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.