INTERNSHIP COORDINATOR – JOB DESCRIPTION
Position:Internship Coordinator at CEED Concordia
Job Type:2-year contract; Part-time (Fall & Winter) /Full-time (Summer)
Salary: 16–17$/h (Based on experience)
Deadline: September 27th at 11:59 pm
About CEED Concordia
CEED Concordia is a non-profit organization operating in Montreal, Canada and, Gulu, Uganda. We are an organization dedicated to social justice, community empowerment, and positive change by supporting youth in our communities. CEED offers Concordia and Ugandan students an opportunity to contribute to sustainable community projects in northern Uganda for 3-month internships during the summer semester. We are working to shape better communities and future leaders for a better tomorrow.
Our program is supported by a fee-levy of Concordia University’s undergraduate students, a tangible expression of Concordia’s commitment to civic responsibility and experiential learning. We strive to create opportunities for students from Montreal and Uganda to gain firsthand experience in the community development sector. Every year, approximately 25-30 youth from both communities become involved with our program through internships, academic initiatives, and various positions within our organization.
The internship coordinator is the main coordinator of the internships offered in Canada and oversees. While in Canada the internship coordinator is responsible for recruiting interns and leading their pre-departure training, as well as facilitating their travel logistics. Abroad, they provide psychosocial support to the interns as they adjust to oversee CEED’s community projects. The internship coordinator also participates in the development and monitoring of community projects. They also assist the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator with various tasks, such as event planning, grant writing, report writing, and relationship building. Please note that this position requires travel for a minimum of 3 to 4 months per year.
- Recruiting and coordinating interns and volunteers
- Preparing and training interns for CEED’s community projects – including developing activities, content, discussion topics, training manuals, etc.
- Working closely with the Concordia community to develop courses and partnerships
- Overseeing welfare and work of Concordia and Ugandan interns both in Canada and abroad – e.g. attending project meetings, providing feedback, conducting field visits, meeting interns individually as needed, etc
- Participating in the development of CEED’s community projects in Canada and abroad
- Attending campus-based events – e.g. information fairs, networking opportunities
- Assisting in CEED’S various events, fundraising, and workshops activities.
- Any other duties, assignments or activities assigned by the Executive Director or Board of Directors
- Own or currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in a relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience in a relevant field (eg. non-profit sector, international development, project management, facilitation)
- Ability to travel abroad 3-4 months per year
Required Skills and Knowledge/ We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates:
- Excellent communication
- Excellent cultural and intercultural sensitivity
- Ease to work independently
- Ease to work in a digital environment
- Strong team spirit
- Knowledge in Facilitation of meetings
- Knowledge in Project management
- Knowledge in Recruitment
- Knowledge of the Global South, East Africa in particular
- Knowledge of cross-cultural work, development work, and non-profits
- Ability to facilitate meetings & group discussions
- Experience in Global South, East Africa in particular
- Current Concordia University student
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Knowledge of Concordia University administration and environment
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance Plan
- Capacity Building
- Please submit the following documents no later than, September 27th at 11:59 pmto [email protected]:
- Resume (in PDF)
- Letter of Intent
- 2 References
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & letter of intent where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
- Address 2110 Rue Mackay, Suite V210 Montréal, QC $ Month