Academic Chair, School of Information & Communications Technologies
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
School of Info & Communication Tech
The School of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) at SAIT offers an exciting and diverse range of communication, media educational programs. From information technology and digital media to information security and beyond, our career programs position graduates for success by providing learning experiences that are relevant, skills-oriented, and applied in the real world.
Reporting to the Dean and Associate Dean, the Academic Chair will lead a portfolio of accelerated fast-track style training programs within the information technology domain. You will oversee the development and delivery of quality curriculum and continuous improvement initiatives for programming delivered to adult learners, and advance industry partnerships to ensure relevant curriculum and expansion into new content areas. Additionally, you will propel entrepreneurial thinking to establish the school as the premiere educational institution in Alberta.
Look forward to collaborating on school and institutional initiatives connected to SAIT’s Strategic Plan and Education Plan, in the areas of student success, employee engagement, and innovation in applied education and partnerships.
Note: Please submit one document including both a cover letter and resume.
- Demonstrates an innate sense and ability to deliver best-in-class service (to students and industry partners)
- Demonstrate exceptional organization, unwavering commitment to follow-through, and agility in support of the school’s growth demands
- Demonstrates a strong business development mindset
- Ensure the relevancy of all programs using input from industry partners and best practices from other post-secondary schools to deliver high-quality education
- Understand and leverage the benefits of unique student populations
- Support the creation of an engaging environment in a range of delivery modes that optimizes learning for students and that allows for a satisfying student experience
- Collaborate on opportunities for students to participate in work-integrated learning with industry partners or through entrepreneurial ventures
- Counsel and advise students to successfully complete their programs
- Work with students/graduates and SAIT resources to ensure successful completion and graduate employment rates
- Identify market opportunities for the development of new programs and courses to proactively meet the emerging needs of employers and the economy, and manage the implementation of these new ventures
- Lead efforts to advance the School’s reputation as a centre of excellence in information technology and leading-edge technologies
- Build and expand relationships with industry partners – from diverse start-ups through to established enterprises, across multiple industries to meet the needs of current and expected future skill required in a globally economy
- Act as an ambassador for SAIT, the School of ICT, its students, and alumni in the community
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technology discipline and communication and media. Graduate degree in a management, education, or related discipline is ideal.
- Minimum of five years leadership experience in a relevant business or industry with a broad understanding of current and emerging trends in the technology sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial and business acumen with experience leading change in a large organization.
- Exceptional product management skills from developing, launching, and continuously improving successful products.
- Experience in curriculum development and delivery, or in a faculty/managerial role at a unionized post-secondary institute ideal.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with comfort taking risks and identifying new opportunities.
- Ability to effectively coach and support employees.
- Ability to positively influence and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including:
comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre,
transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
MGT: This position is union exempt in our Management group
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req3005||Job Location||Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta|
|Job Classification||MGT||Job Type||Permanent Salary|
|Employee Group||Academic Chair||Position End Date|
|Department||School of Info & Communication Tech||# of Positions||1|
|The compensation range||0.00 – 0.00 Salary|
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req3005
- Job Location: Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification: Academic Chair
- Job Type: Permanent Salary
- Employee Group: MGT
- Position End Date:
- Department: School of Info & Communication Tech
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: April 21, 2021 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
View or Apply
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover or application letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.