Adjunct Instructor – Supply Chain
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an
institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking
for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our
team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the
table. Change excites you.
Along with gourmet on-campus
restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown
Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next
generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We
develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong
learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
School of Business is one of the largest business schools in Western Canada.
Our faculty and staff are passionate about student success, in an environment
that values academic excellence, teamwork, collaboration and driving
innovation. We deliver programming to more than 3,000 students in credit
programs and 10,000 registrants annually in our professional and leadership
programs. Our degrees, diplomas, and courses are aligned to industry and
designed to meet the needs of today’s employers. Programming areas include
accounting, financial services, human resources, management, supply chain,
marketing, administrative, legal, and more.
currently recruiting contract instructors to facilitate general supply chain
management courses for our Business Administration diploma and Bachelor of
Business Administration Degree programs. Reporting to the Academic Chair, you
will be an industry expert, have a passion for teaching others as well as a
passion for lifelong applied learning. You
must be able to demonstrate excellence in your facilitation skills, communication
skills, organizational skills and have the ability to function in a
collaborative team environment.
This is a temporary, daytime contract position from May 2021 – June 2022.
Instruction is expected to be delivered in a synchronous, remote format in Spring,
with Fall and Winter facilitation location still to be determined.
- Present courses, lessons plans, lectures, assignments, evaluations, examinations and learning activities.
- Evaluate student progress and facilitate student achievement.
- Create an open and inclusive learning environment and show personal interest in student success, including advising or mentoring students engaged in clubs or intercollegiate business competitions.
- Coordinate classroom delivery and assessments with faculty colleagues.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners and potential learners.
- Maintain and develop contacts in appropriate industry sectors
- Maintain and develop relationships with academic colleagues.
- Promote and support SAIT’s strategy and the School of Business and academic plans.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business or education. (Master’s is preferred)
- Specific business/management and supply chain industry experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Candidates with one or more related professional designations, while not necessary, will be given preference (eg. SCMP, CLTD, P.Mgr., PROSCI, etc.).
- Teaching, training, and/or mentoring experience are considered an asset.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment and a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAFA: This position is part of the SAFA (SAIT’s Faculty Association)
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req3003||Job Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Job Classification||SAFA||Job Type||Adjunct Instructor|
|Employee Group||Instructor||Position End Date||6/30/2022|
|Department||School of Business||# of Positions||2|
|The compensation range||0.00 – 80.00 Hourly|
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req3003
- Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Job Classification: Instructor
- Job Type: Adjunct Instructor
- Employee Group: SAFA
- Position End Date: 6/30/2022
- Department: School of Business
- # of Positions: 2
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: May 14, 2021 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
View or Apply
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover or application letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.