SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an
institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking
for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our
team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the
table. Change excites you.
Along with gourmet on-campus
restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown
Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next
generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We
develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong
learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
The School of Information and Communications Technologies has an immediate requirement for an adjunct instructor for short periods of time to teach a number of courses within the Journalism and Photojournalism program. The ideal candidate will have a passion for media and technology and will engage our students in communications, storytelling and visual journalism.
*Note* This is a part-time, contract role
- Reporting to the Academic Chair the instructor will teach:
- Writing and technology for online journalism
A combination (some but not all) of the following areas is also necessary:
- Adobe CC proficiency
- News, opinion, feature writing and research
- Online Journalism (Web, social media, SEO, analytics)
- Visual journalism
It is expected that the instructor will:
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners
- Prepare additional study and lab materials for learners
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to promote learning and personal development
- Show personal interest in the learner and create a climate conducive to optimal learning
- Manage the classroom or lab to the benefit of the learners
- Use innovative technology to deliver classes online
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in journalism or communications
- Online journalism/communications experience
- Previous post-secondary education in a related field, or industry training
- 1-3 years previous post-secondary teaching experience
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment and a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAFA: This position is part of the SAFA (SAIT’s Faculty Association)
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req2999||Job Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Job Classification||SAFA||Job Type||Adjunct Instructor|
|Employee Group||Instructor||Position End Date||8/31/2021|
|Department||School of Info & Communication Tech||# of Positions||1|
|The compensation range||0.00 – 80.00 Hourly|
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req2999
- Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Job Classification: Instructor
- Job Type: Adjunct Instructor
- Employee Group: SAFA
- Position End Date: 8/31/2021
- Department: School of Info & Communication Tech
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: April 19, 2021 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
View or Apply
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover or application letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.