Primary Purpose: To provide a wide variety of high quality, confidential administrative support to directors and units in the Finance and Resources portfolio.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Resources Admin Network (FRAN), the Administrative Assistant 2 is part of a collaborative and agile administrative team. In particular, this position provides direct support to directors in the ICT (Information and Communications Technology) portfolio. The incumbent’s work encompasses a broad range of complex duties and processes that require great attention to detail. The incumbent will effectively manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, competing priorities, and conflicting deadlines. A solid understanding of the priorities, goals, and shared beliefs of Finance and Resources is necessary, and will guide the incumbent during their day-to-day work and when making impactful decisions. Continuous change is the norm, and the incumbent will anticipate, influence, adapt to, and help others through change.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities
- Actively seeks out and understands ICT’s priorities in order to provide effective support
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in ICT to ensure that the unit’s priorities and deadlines are met
- Using team-building skills, manages assigned projects and tasks; this may include building out knowledge, delegating work, and otherwise engaging FRAN colleagues
- Supports directors as needed with day-to-day work, including scheduling and coordination of meetings, assisting with calendar organization, creating and distributing agendas and other materials, tracking action items, and providing project coordination
- Acts as a first point of contact to field a broad spectrum of queries
- Assists with continuous improvement by identifying issues and participating in process evaluation and re-design
- Provides meeting and committee support as needed and appropriate, including overall coordination, scheduling, and minute-taking
- Enables the USask shared services models; this includes providing direct support to Finance and Resources SBAs and following established best practices with transactional work submitted via ConnectionPoint
- Submits financial and administrative requests to USask systems on behalf of individuals and units
- Maintains physical and electronic records
- Performs general office duties, including copying, printing, and ordering supplies
- Uses judgement, confidentiality, and discretion when handling sensitive issues
FRAN Team Member
- Shares information with the Manager as appropriate
- Coordinates work with other FRAN team members
- Participates in FRAN activities, including team meetings
- Provides role-based and unit-based coverage and support as needed
- As part of a team, participates in event coordination
- Contributes to a positive, engaging, and supportive working environment
- Understands and supports the Finance and Resources vision and shared beliefs
- Other duties as required
Education: Completion of Grade 12 and an office administration diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
Experience: A minimum of five years of related experience, preferably in an institutional setting. Experience with USask systems is a strong asset.
Skills: Qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong attention to detail is required. The incumbent will be able to thrive, make sound decisions, and complete work accurately in a busy work environment with frequent interruptions and competing priorities under minimal supervision. Candidates must be able to deal positively and effectively with stressful situations and encourage constructive, collaborative relationships. Qualified candidates must be proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook) and be able to learn new computer programs quickly.
Department: Finance and Resources Admin Network (FRAN)
Status: Term 12 months with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent
Employment Group: Exempt
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Salary: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $50,000.00 – 88,000.00 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Family (if applicable):
Salary Phase/Band: Salary Band 2
Posted Date: 7/19/2021
Closing Date: 7/25/2021
Number of Openings: 1
The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the community and enhance excellence, innovation and creativity. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request. The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.