|Internal / External Vacancy Notice|
|Administrative Finance Assistant – CANTO/PSP/VN/012|
|Type of contract:||Individual Contractor|
|Duration:||10||July 2020 to 31 December 2020|
|Expected start date:||10||July 2020|
- General Background
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading not-for-profit organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety and dignity.
Our Canadian office is part of a global network that works in 130 countries, protecting over 68 million people. We were founded in 1950 as part of the United Nations effort to help people displaced by World War II. Since then we have been on the ground helping over 68 million people forced to leave their homes and have even received two Nobel Prizes for our work.
We are passionate about the people we help—and the amazing team of people who work for us. We thrive on excellence, integrity and respect for diversity. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented and focused on change, ready to tackle the latest global humanitarian crisis. You will be part of a newly growing team that—due to a significant revitalization process—is set for transformational growth. We need someone who is not only ready to jump in at the start of this journey, but has the skills, energy and creativity to help shape what comes next.
- Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Private Sector Partnership operations and revenue in Canada has been rapidly growing since the start of its operations. In line with the higher revenue goals of Canada office, the PSP team has also been growing to manage the operations that lead to this growth.
Since 2016, PSP Team has expanded from a team of 3 people to currently 26 individuals with 2 offices in Toronto and 1 office in Montreal Quebec.
The Administrative Finance Assistant will be part of the Admin Team and will support the team mainly in the areas of Administration and Finance with specific areas of responsibility including:
- Assists in Office administration including rent, insurance and maintenance
- Ensures the smooth running and timely service and maintenance of the office equipment
- Manages purchase and records of office supplies
- Updates staff directory and security list regularly and sends out updates to the security officer and All staff in Canada
- Assists in Asset tracking/ Barcoding
- Assists the operations teams in procurement processes
- Regularly updates and maintains attendance records of the Interns
- Responds to Admin related inquires by the team members
- Assists in digital archiving of the Admin related document
- Assists in policy research
- Assists in renews of contracts (office rent, insurance, storage, equipment, Internet and communication mediums, etc.)
- Receive and prepares invoices for processing
- Retrieve monthly electronic invoices
- Assist in communication with suppliers and notifying payment status
- Assist in preparation of monthly TAX application and reconciliation
- Tracks the ABOD expenses
- Deposits donation cheques into PSP bank account
- Assist in monitoring the revenue in IATS and other channels
- Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate / Degree in Administration / Finance/ Accounting
- Work Experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in Administration and Finance
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Research Skills
- Attention to details
- Communication Skills and teamwork
- Administrative skills
- Computer skills (MS Office, knowledge of database)
- Completion of Secondary Education
- Maintains a positive attitude – is outgoing and cheerful with suppliers.
- Ability to work with confidential information with discretion.
- Key Competencies
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including MS word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and manage projects simultaneously
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality required;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and the Personal History/Supplementary forms to [email protected] with “CANTO/PSP/VN/012– Administrative Finance Assistant ” in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & letter of interest where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
- Application without personal history form will not be reviewed.
Please note that the receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
WE REGRET WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALLS
- Address 2 St Clair Ave W #802, Toronto, ON $ Month