Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 13
Please note, there are multiple temporary full-time contract opportunities available, with an expected end date of March 31, 2022.
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
To provide the Best Student Experience to prospective students from the initial point of interest in undergraduate programs at Western, through the information gathering, application and admission processes.
The Admissions Officer supports Western in the recruitment and admission of applicants to the University’s undergraduate degree programs, by facilitating recruitment of the best students to the University while ensuring that the Western’s admission standards are met. The Admissions Officer will review and assess applications, critical documentation and supplementary information to evaluate eligibility for admission, and will provide exemplary customer service, the adjudication of applicants and the implementation of Senate policies governing admission and transfer credit.
- Undergraduate degree
- Undergraduate degree from Western University is preferred
- 3 years’ customer service and administrative experience in a post-secondary environment
- Experience in student recruitment, admissions or counseling services is preferred
- Previous experience working with PeopleSoft or comparable Higher Education database and document imaging software is preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills, including managing multiple competing priorities and the ability to adapt quickly to emerging priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate complex ideas orally or verbally, and understand customer needs and expectations while providing excellent customer service
- Judgment, analytical and problem solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to address issues and opportunities skills and an ability to exercise judgment within established guidelines
- Strong record of teamwork with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Critical thinking and discernment to assess and scope areas for improvement and an ability to offer creative solutions
- Strong customer service skills to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with students, parents, guidance counselors and colleagues including senior management
- A working knowledge of secondary and post-secondary education systems throughout Canada and internationally is an asset
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours and travel on occasion
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.