Duties will vary among the different services. The basic duties for all clinical positions will include:
- Providing nursing care
- Ensuring that all treatments and diagnostic procedures are carried out
- Maintaining records
- Critical care duty in ICU and large animal hospital
- Providing vacation relief for AHT’s and providing emergency assistance to veterinarians after hours
- Assisting in admission and discharge of animals
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the VTH
- Client Services position duties will include all aspects of reception, admitting, schedule, invoicing and handling of cash
- Performing other related duties as required
- Some positions will involve working a rotating schedule, after hours work, nights and weekend duty, and/or the requirement to work on a statutory holiday
- Candidates must be 2nd or 3rd year DVM students (First year DVM students may be eligible for clinical positions if exceptional experience can be demonstrated)
- Previous clinical experience preferred
- Good oral communications skills are required.
LARGE ANIMAL OR SMALL ANIMAL ***
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.