Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) is recruiting for a Content Writer to join our Marketing and Communications team. MEDA is an association of compassionate men and women who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Content Writer will provide support to all areas of MEDA. As part of the Marketing & Communications team, the Content Writer works closely with other staff on communication initiatives, including those supporting colleagues across the organization and as outreach ambassadors for MEDA in the community. The Content Writer will engage in content creation to support an integrated marketing and communications strategy, to help MEDA increase its impact of creating business solutions to poverty.
- Job Status: Full-time, permanent
- Start Date: October 2020
- Location: MEDA Headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario
Research, positioning and content creation (50%)
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Corporate & Creative Communications and the Senior Manager, Marketing & Constituent Engagement for content creation to support an integrated marketing and communications strategy
- Research and develop relevant content for a variety of audiences to further advance MEDA’s corporate visibility
- Position MEDA as experts and leaders in the International Development sector
- Support a media relations and communications strategy by preparing draft op-eds and pitches in collaboration with internal experts and executive office to obtain earned media
- Coordinate with Regional Directors and Project Managers to compile and send monthly institutional donor newsletter
- Contribute to the development of content to support the social media positioning strategy
Marketing support, writing, editing and branding (40%)
- Assist in the research, development and preparation of marketing materials, including brochures, website, PowerPoint presentations, blogs, video scripts, etc.
- Support and collaborate with the Senior Manager, Marketing & Constituent Engagement
- Engage with private donors through impact report and appeal writing
- Contribute to the oversight and management of MEDA’s brand and branding standards, including writing with person-first, dignifying language when writing about clients
- Provide website content updates for news articles, project updates, and blogs
- Collaborate with the team to write and edit for MEDAzine monthly email
- Contribute to the development of content to support the marketing social media strategy
- Contribute to The Marketplace magazine as a staff writer on an as-needed basis
General Marketing & Communications Support (10%)
- Maintain Marketing SharePoint site, including Marketing portfolio and Story Content Tracker list
Any other responsibilities as assigned.
Education: University degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English or related field
Education: Minimum of fives year’s work experience in communications, marketing, content writing or related field
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Familiarity with bi and multi-lateral governmental agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
- Demonstrated experience conducting research using multiple sources
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in collaboration with others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Word Press (or similar content management system)
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Willingness to undertake domestic and international travel to developing countries as required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 14, 2020 @ 4:00 pm EST.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/medajobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
- Address 595 Parkside Dr Suite 2, Waterloo, ON $ Month