CAMPUS WELLNESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
COUNSELLOR, COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES (C5605)
March 11, 2021
March 24, 2021
This posting represents a two-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Counseling & Psychological Services, the incumbent supports the developmental needs of Concordia students by offering psychological counselling, psychometric testing and psycho-educational groups and workshops.
- Provide individual/group counselling as defined by department policies and in accordance with provisions of the licensing bodies.
- Select, administer and interpret psychometric tests.
- Maintain client records in accordance with professional corporation guidelines, as well as those established through Counselling and Psychological Services.
- Deliver educational, psychological and life skills-training workshops.
- Consult with internal and external bodies and refer clients when necessary.
- Assist in the compilation of student retention and other counselling outcome research data.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology and two to four years of related work experience.
- Licenced Member of the Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation of Quebec (OCCOQ) or the Order of Psychologists of Quebec (OPQ), and holds and maintains a valid psychotherapy license in accordance with the OPQ.
- Experience responding to diversity in mental health care. Knowledge of social and cultural determinants of mental health.
- Experience offering culturally appropriate interventions attending to ethnicity, racism and persistent and pervasive inequities.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) and good spoken French (Level 4) in order to provide individual and group counselling to students and consult with internal and external clients, and to maintain client records and develop workshops and programs.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel (to work with documents and spreadsheets).
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals as well as to give workshops.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside of normal operating hours.
Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE438-18A and that the associated salary range is $87,200.92 – $104,169.78 per annum)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 24, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
[How to apply
To ensure your application is considered, please follow these instructions.
1. Submit your document:
Only one (1) document can be submitted. Combine your cover letter, CV and any other documents into a single document.
Please only submit documents in Word or PDF format.
Text in the body of the email will not be included in your application.
2. Name your file:
Please name your document by Last name, First name. Do not include any other information in the file name.
3. Subject line of email:
Indicate the position number of the job you are applying to and your Employee ID number (if you are an active (current) employee only.)
Example: P5555 – Employee ID: 0555555
Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
Current Concordia staff and faculty: Apply now by following above instructions and emailing [email protected]
All other candidates: Apply now by following above instructions and emailing [email protected]]
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail /cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.