Please note: If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please refer to Leaders International Executive Search (visit link here) for additional information.
Reporting to the Chief Facilities Officer, the Director, Campus Planning & Development is a member of the senior management team and participates in the development and implementation of strategic and long term plans to ensure the effective delivery of campus planning and development services to the University. The Director, Campus Planning & Development, in collaboration with the Director, Administration & Real Estate Services, and the Director, Maintenance & Operations, ensures the delivery of campus planning and development services for all campuses. The incumbent of the position partners with the Executive Directors of the SFU Vancouver and SFU Surrey campuses, to ensure the delivery of campus planning and development services at those campuses. The broad scope of the position, Director, Campus Planning & Development, encompasses campus planning and development including capital construction, renovation projects, space information management, building records management, technical standards and sustainability across the
university (budgets totaling up to $250 million annually). The incumbent of this position is directly responsible for the development and implementation of the university’s capital plan in adherence with the University’s design standards. The Director liaises with various levels of governments, agencies, professional bodies, external contractors, community groups and reports status of capital projects to the Ministry of Advanced Education Facilities Branch. The Director, Campus Planning & Development participates in the annual budget planning process and provides financial management for a departmental operating budget of approximately $1.2 million. The incumbent of the position provides leadership in human resource management for a staff of approximately 13 in Campus Planning & Development. Additionally, the Director, Campus Planning & Development oversees the work of external contract staff providing project management, construction and design consultant services. Participates as a member of negotiating team in bargaining with CUPE staff groups, under the lead of the Director, Labour & Employee Relations, and the Director, Administration & Real Estate Services. Collaborates with the Director, Labour & Employee Relations, and the Human Resources Business Partner, in the interpretation of policies and administrative procedures.
- Registered engineer or architect with further post-graduate training and twelve years of directly related experience including at least ten years of experience in campus planning, construction, and renovation, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of campus planning, design and construction of complex
- building types, and project management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of building codes and other applicable regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements related to construction.
- Excellent knowledge of financial and human resource management.
- Good knowledge of information technology and applications specific to campus planning and development.
- Sound knowledge of consultant and construction contracts, and public sector procurement practices.
- Some knowledge of university organizational structures and administrative policies.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, conflict management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to uphold exemplary standards of ethical and professional conduct.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor staff.
- Ability to demonstrate a sensitivity and awareness of divergent perspectives.
- Ability to collaborate across departments and provide leadership that creates excellence in the delivery of services to the University community.
- Ability to make sound decisions and respond appropriately in crisis situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and contacts with both internal and external agencies including: municipal and federal offices; regulatory services; professional bodies; and related community organizations.
- Ability to prepare summary reports, analyses, and proposals for submission to governmental agencies.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/universityjobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter) where you saw this job posting.
REQUEST from ViC:
- vacanciesincanada.ca will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
- Address 8888 University Dr, Burnaby, BC
- Salary Offer $111, 556 to $133,217 Annually $ $111, 556 to $133,217 Annually Month