Join our team. Unleash your full potential. Defy Normal.
Donor Care Representative (Contact Centre: Inbound
|Organization:||Plan International Canada|
|Reports to:||Manager, Donor Care|
|Location:||Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)|
|Status:||Full-time, Temporary (initially 6 months with possibility of extension)|
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
The Donor Care Team is an integral part of Plan International Canada, as it supports the care, retention and acquisition of our donor portfolio. Working collaboratively within a team of creative, high energy and like-minded individuals, the ideal candidate will bring an innovative and professional approach to the team and embody the vision and mission of Plan International Canada.
What does success look like?
- Provide exceptional customer service, have empathy and build rapport to make every interaction meaningful through phone, email, written correspondence and live chat
- Ensure optimum performance and first call resolution through active listening, adaptable conversational skills and persuasive questions
- Re-engage lapsed donors and build donor loyalty by providing recommendations and alternative solutions to maintain a donor’s financial contribution
- Continuously educate and inform donors about the impact Plan International Canada is having around the world, enabled through their generosity
- Contribute to the success of Plan International Canada’s campaigns through process improvements and donation processing
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Previous non-profit/fundraising experience is preferred
- Experience with sales calls, community outreach, customer service and/or the teleservice industry is an asset
- Accurate data entry skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, excellent database, email software and spreadsheet management experience
- Goal oriented work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and self-motivated to spend approximately 80% of the day on the phone
- Demonstrated persuasion, influencing and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual fluency in English and French considered an asset
- A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values
- Adaptable work schedule including availability for shifts during the following hours of operation: 8am-12am, Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday *Anticipated schedule to start is: 3 evening shifts (scheduled for 8 hours between the hours of 1pm – 12am) and 2 weekend shifts (9am – 5pm)
How to apply:
- To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to [email protected]. Please reference Donor Care Representative in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bonafide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!