Ed. Lab. Technologist
SAIT is a global leader in applied education and an institution that empowers employees to make a difference in the lives of our students.
Building on more than a century of history, we are looking for innovative employees wanting to create a future with us. As part of our team, you are encouraged to be bold and inventive, bringing new ideas to the table. Change excites you.
Along with competitive benefits, gourmet on-campus restaurants run by our culinary program and an unparalleled view of downtown Calgary, SAIT offers the chance to do work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers. We develop leaders in the classroom and our workspaces, encouraging lifelong learning for both students and employees.
Your future starts now … at SAIT.
SAIT, the Corporate Development, Applied Research and Innovation (CDARI)
division employs all non-credit instructors who facilitate within the Centre of
Continuing Education & Professional Studies, Corporate Training, and
currently recruiting an Educational Laboratory Technologist to provide
technical support and maintenance services for the Life Support programs: First
Aid, CPR and Advanced Life Support courses. This position will be responsible for
preventative maintenance tasks, troubleshooting, pre-lab preparations and
post-lab servicing. Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal and
communication skills with the ability to converse technically with instructors,
contractors, vendors and students. This position is an integral part of CDARI’s
Technical Support Team!
Laboratory Technologist is expected to work collaboratively with Instructors
& colleagues to create a learning atmosphere which is pedagogically sound,
technically supported, and innovative in nature.
CDARI pride ourselves in bringing the leading edge of the field into the
hands-on learning of our students. We strive to leave our graduates with
job-ready skills and experience through labs, cases, assignments, and projects
to be value-add candidates to the local employment market.
- Manage the classrooms and labs to ensure a positive learning environment.
- Manage the lab environment with proper use and storage of lab equipment and supplies.
- Maintain close contact with relevant industry sectors such as Heart and Stroke.
- Participate in curriculum/program reviews as necessary for alignment to safety and standards of care.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and complete minor repairs for all life support equipment. If needed, arrange for any major repairs if and as required.
- Prepare and set out equipment, ensure that equipment is in working order, and complete preventative maintenance on equipment so that instructors can deliver scheduled in-person courses.
- Performs routine operating checks of laboratory equipment, processes and devices as required.
- Maintains orderly and clean laboratories.
- Records and maintains inventory control on all laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Issues and receives specialized instructional equipment and supplies and maintains related stores records.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation supplemented by or including technical course work related to position assignment and some related industry experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Heart and Stroke BLS Instructor Certification
- First Aid Instructor Certification
- 5 years of experience in training or teaching First Aid /CPR
- Experience and fluency with Office 365 (MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Preferred to have:
- Related experience in a post-secondary institution is an asset
- SAIT First Aid Instructor certification
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including:
comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre,
transit subsidies and more.
Why Work at SAIT
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button
All applications should be made through our online system.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
AUPE: This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, all applicants to the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed. Employment is conditional until a satisfactory police security clearance is obtained and confirmed. Employment with SAIT will not commence until the results have been provided and confirmed.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
|Job ID||req2323||Job Location||Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta|
|Job Classification||AUPE||Job Type||Casual Hourly|
|Employee Group||Ed. Lab. Technologist I||Position End Date||4/16/2021|
|Department||Corporate Development and Applied Research||# of Positions||1|
|The compensation range||0.00 – 25.55 Hourly|
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. With a newly launched brand and ongoing celebrations marking 100 years of educating skilled workers, now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
- Job ID: req2323
- Job Location: Main Campus, Calgary, Alberta
- Job Classification: Ed. Lab. Technologist I
- Job Type: Casual Hourly
- Employee Group: AUPE
- Position End Date: 4/16/2021
- Department: Corporate Development and Applied Research
- # of Positions: 1
- Posting Closing Date: All applications must be received by: October 14, 2020 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
View or Apply
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email /cover or application letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.