CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis.
We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
About the role:
CARE Canada is currently seeking an Emergency Response Specialist – Procurement & Logistics.
CARE is committed to meeting the urgent life-saving needs of women, men, girls and boys affected by disasters and conflict, consistent with CARE’s humanitarian mandate. Humanitarian and emergency response are core to CARE’s programming and global identity in fighting poverty and to strengthen CARE’s global capacity to deliver high quality programming in key technical sectors with a focus on women and girls.
CARE experience has shown that capacity is often stretched beyond its limits by humanitarian disasters and conflict, and that additional senior staff resources are needed to provide program, operational and program support leadership to ensure a timely, quality and effective response and to reduce financial and operational risks. In support of CARE’s Humanitarian Strategy, CARE International invests in a standing Rapid Response Team, whose members spend up to 65% of their time deployed to the field. Due to the nature of the work, demands are fast-paced and unpredictable.
Procurement and Logistics are integrated functions and key foundations of any effective humanitarian response. The Emergency Response Specialist – Procurement and Logistics will be deployed to provide overall leadership for efficient and effective operation of the humanitarian program support and operations services linked to procurement (international, national, local) and Logistics (transport, warehousing, distributions) with strong Safety and Security and Capacity building components, the priority focus will be on Procurement and Logistics to ensure the flow of products and services (supply chain management) necessary during humanitarian responses and activities. S/he will ensure the effective coordination and integration of program, operations and program support teams to ensure CARE is able to deliver timely, effective and high quality humanitarian responses directly or through partners based on each Country Office operations.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works, that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Policy on PSEA-CP and CI Performance Standards.
What you offer:
- Minimum of 5 years senior management experience in complex and natural disasters; both slow and rapid onset
- Experience establishing country office and field office program support / operations policies, procedures, and systems.
- Very strong procurement and logistics skills and experience as part of a senior management team, preferably as part of a CARE emergency response
- Experience with Administration and Human Resources
- Experience and capacity to work in harsh conditions and insecure environments
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving and experience with major donors (e.g USAID/OFDA, DFID, ECHO, GAC, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex data and design and produce effective management information
- Excellent understanding of procurement and logistics systems and procedures (familiarity with SAP and PeopleSoft systems an asset)
- Excellent capacity building, coaching and training skills for program support teams
- Experience and commitment in promoting gender equality within humanitarian work
- High level of demonstrable leadership and strategic management skills – including management and leadership of multi-sector teams in an emergency setting
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent travel, including to work environments in insecurity environments; ability to deploy at short notice for up to 12 weeks
- Track record of high resilience under pressure and ability to support and motivate teams in these situations
- Good political acumen and excellent team building and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of the humanitarian system, principles and key relief sectors (e.g. strong knowledge of and demonstrated experience with IHL, the Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE, IASC Gender, HAP and understanding and experience of the cluster approach to coordination and response)
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills with high level experience in representation, negotiation, training, coaching and mentoring
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
- A second key language (French, Arabic or Spanish) is highly desirable
- Experience managing CARE emergency responses
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialized training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
How to Apply
- To apply, please follow this link:: https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify ( application form & cover letter) that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
- Address 9 GURDWARA DR, Nepean, ON $ Month