Senior Animals in Need Today Society
Position: Full Time Executive Director
Salary Range: $68,000 to $80,000
Location: Mission, BC.
Senior Animals In Need Today Society (SAINTS) is a multi-species, senior, palliative and special needs sanctuary. We are a registered charity formed in 2004 and situated on three acres in Mission, BC. The shelter runs seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Our Mission: To provide a safe haven for senior, palliative and special needs animals.
Our Vision: To build a community which values the lives of elderly, palliative, and special needs animals and meets their needs through kindness and empathy.
Read more at: saintsrescue.ca
In addition to overseeing shelter operations, the Executive Director will be responsible for the growth of the society. They will work with the SAINTS Board of Directors and staff team to:
- fulfill the organization’s mission
- facilitate programs, strategic planning, and community outreach, in line with the organization’s mission and vision
- develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
- oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure that the needs of the organization are met
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and increasing the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of the annual budget.
- Serve as SAINTS’ primary spokesperson to the community, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance SAINTS’ Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more year’s senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Experience with using, and aptitude for learning, offline and online technical tools, and software, including a general understanding of mainstream social media.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Please email your resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected]
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email /cover or application letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
We appreciate all interested applicants. However, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 33860 Dlugosh Ave Mission, BC $ Month