Position: Finance and Operations Manager
Hours: Full-Time Salaried
Pay: Offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in the range of $56,000 to $67,000 per year.
Benefits: Extended medical and matching RSP program
Position Summary: Do you long to be employed in a career that really matters? Advokate Life & Education Services Society, a rapidly growing mid-sized charity based in Abbotsford, BC, is searching for an experienced and passionate individual to oversee its finance and administration department under the supervision of an Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about our cause, has experience working in the charitable sector, is extremely detailed oriented, has outstanding computer and problem-solving skills, and is tenacious in the pursuit of excellence and efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail skills
- Proficient at creative problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at building long-term relationships.
- Ability to work independently and to plan, organize and multi-task while paying attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting for charities
- Wording knowledge of modern human resources practices.
- Ability to work with and implement a wide variety of software programs and online tools related to financial management and streamlining workflow.
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of contemporary online databases.
- Strong belief in the value of all human life from conception to natural death.
- Fully committed to the society’s mission, vision and values (www.advokate.ca/en/about/team)
Preferred Education, Training & Experience:
- A Charter Professional Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
- Three years of experience in a financial management position, preferably in the non-profit or charitable sector, including direct experience recruiting and supervising staff.
Heading up a team of qualified staff members and utilizing the latest and best online technology, the Finance and Operations Manager, in collaboration with the ED, will have the following responsibilities:
- Financial Oversight
- Responsible for the proper management of all the financial transactions of the society including A/R, A/P, bank reconciliations, reporting and compliance.
- Producing short and long term financial forecasts including cash flow analyses and multi-year financial plans.
- Ensuring GAAP compliance on all financial reports.
- Ensuring all donations are properly recorded and receipted in accordance to CRA rules for charities.
- Human Resources
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll utilizing PayWorks online system.
- Produce various contracts and assist Executive Director in hiring.
- Recommend, develop and implement effective organizational strategies, and policies and procedures, in order to ensure the integrity of Advokate’s financial and administrative processes and systems.
- Oversee the administration of Advokate’s head and satellite offices including, but not limited to: incoming mail, filing systems, leasing, insurance, utilities, and technical support.
- Responsible for planning the yearly AGM, ensuring Advokate’s T3010 is filed on time, and compliance with the BC Societies Act.
- Donor Management
- Maintaining an extensive and growing database of Advokate supporters, thanking donors, and ensuring CRA charity compliance.
Deadline for application is December 1, 2020 with a start date of January 4, 2021. This posting will remain open until the application deadline or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please email resume and cover letter to:
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.