Terms of Reference
Location: Ottawa, ON
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is an international development organization and registered charity. AKFC partners with communities, businesses, and governments to find innovative, lasting solutions to global challenges. Working in Africa and Asia, we invest in local institutions and systems that anchor progress over the long term. In Canada, AKFC mobilizes funding and expertise, and promotes awareness of global issues. AKFC is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, one of the world’s most comprehensive development organizations. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men to unlock their own potential to build a better life. Learn more at akfc.ca
The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management and compliance of the assigned donor grants for AKFC. This includes preparing internal & donor budgets; preparation of financial reports; completing analytical reviews of reports; collecting financial information; preparing donor financial reports, ensuring programs are in compliance with donor requirements, and facilitating statutory and donor audits. The Finance Manager conducts financial reviews and capacity building sessions for field finance staff and works closely with the AKFC Program team to assist and make recommendations on financial and compliance aspects of programs and projects.
This role requires excellent customer service skills, well-developed attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as dedication, focus, and responsible time management. The ideal candidate should be diligent and accurate in developing budgets and financial reports, and carry out his/her responsibilities with humility and sensitivity. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Management.
Donor Reports & Budgets
- Work with the field offices in preparing donor budgets, quarterly donor financial reports, forecasts and annual work plan budgets
- Check accuracy of field financial information shared through internal data base management system
- Analytically review the project expenses and cash position of the field offices Process timely cash disbursement to the field partners
- Coordinate with and support AKFC program staff with respect to donor budgets and financial reports
- Manage the AKFC’s internal donor reporting system
Donor & Statutory Audits
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the donor financial reporting formats and timelines with accuracy of financial data
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the donor financial regulations
- Facilitate the donor audits both at AKFC & field levels in order to have clean audit results
- Follow up with the field offices to ensure compliance on the audit recommendations
- Assist supervisor in the annual closing and audit process
- Undertake special projects under the direction of the supervisor
Management and Head Office Reports & Budget
- Assist in preparation of various reports to head office on regular intervals
- Prepare and facilitate various internal reports for management on regular basis
- Complete analytical reviews of various reports and recommending new scenarios to the supervisor
- Prepare and finalize AKFC Annual budget
Qualifications & Skills
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Knowledge of the Global Affairs Canada (GAC) (formerly CIDA) financial regulations
- Qualified CPA/CGA or any equivalent international designation will be preferred
- Three to five years relevant experience in the not for profit sector; preference will be given to candidates with supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (including excellent Excel skills) and working knowledge of the accounting software. Knowledge of the database & reporting, and Microsoft Dynamics D365-Business Central will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast track environment and prioritize multiple competing demands
- Ability to work independently
- Bilingual in English and French will be an asset Availability & ability to travel overseas
- Please submit cover letter, resume by e-mail to: [email protected]
- Subject line: Finance Manager
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Deadline for submissions: Friday, June 26, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates and the organization as a whole are kept safe from harm.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Address 199 Sussex Drive Ottawa CANADA $ Month