SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Performance Based Grant Activity background:
In line with the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) prioritization of increased access to clean water for residents across the country, the KIAT Water Hibah – Performance-based Grant (PBG) Pilot Activity project (the Project) aims to improve the performance and sustainability of local government (LG)-owned water utilities (PDAMs). The DFAT/KIAT-financed Project has been developed by DFAT, KIAT, and GOI teams to test and illustrate the effectiveness of a Performance Based Grant mechanism in stimulating tangible performance and service delivery improvements among PDAMs across seven key performance indicators (KPIs) and four key themes. The key themes are Governance, Operation Efficiency, Financial Management and Service Quality. The performance indicators to achieve the grants are Business Plans, Non-Revenue Water, Energy Efficiency, Operating Ratio, Billing Collection Effectiveness, Continuity of Supply and Water Quality.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position is to provide provide support during assessment of additional PDAM that will be included in KIAT PBG Program.
The Financial Specialist will work under the direction of Deputy Team Leader.
- Analyse the financial and operational aspects of the PDAM by conducting data gathering and analysis (desk review) as well as conducting field survey.
- Discuss the verification data (survey finding) with DTL and PDAM.
- Provide input during development of KIAT PBG Feasibility Review.
- University Graduate in economics, management, or finance.
- 5 years of experience in related field. Working experience in Water Utility Performance Evaluation and Financial Analysis is preferred.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Program – Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills and able to write cohesive report in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Able to work independently as well as member of a team. Ability to prioritize and organize task and priority to meet deadline.
- Able to conduct field survey to PDAM Locations in Java and Sumatra.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by January 6, 2021/as soon as possible on our Career Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, France, Pretoria, South Africa, and London, United Kingdom, Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.