- Operational and/or Administrative
- 6 months
- Canada, Montreal
Reporting to the Manager, Safety and Flight Operations, Senior Vice President’s Office the incumbent will have a particular focus on supporting the management of the Senior Vice President Office and its processes and will provide support to the SVPO team as needed. The incumbent will also provide support to the divisional communications efforts including contributing to improve and manage the divisional websites (internal collaboration site and external sites – including the Safety, Flight and Ground Operations Advisory Council website).
|This is a full time internship part of the International Graduate Internship Program (IGIP). For more information about IATA’s internship programs, please refer to our website: https://www.iata.org/hc/Pages/internships.aspx|
- Assist on administrative activities related to the management of the office such as:
- SFGOAC meetings: Support preparing all the packages of documentation, manage invitation/visa letters, track attendance, produce logistic material for attendees (name badges, tent cards, etc.).
- Ad Hoc meetings: Follow up attendance lists, preparing letters and communications as requested, preparing basic presentations, preparing logistic material for meetings.
- Provide support on specific tasks of different projects as requested by the manager.
- Provide support to the Executive Assistant, SVP as required.
- Support on keeping the SVPO process manuals updated.
- Support the communications efforts, such as:
- Write posts to promote activities in the internal sites.
- Help with the edit of ad hoc communications and reports
- Liaise with Corporate communications division when needed.
- Monitoring and following up the implementation of the present automations done to the Safety Flight and Ground Operations Advisory Council extranet site.
- Monitor the implementation of the automated solution addressing membership nominations and perform user testing;
- Follow up on any troubleshooting needed with the support team and/or development team.
- Liaise with departments across the Safety and Flight Operations division and any other IATA division involved (i.e. APCS/MER) to harmonize the Extranet web collaboration pages in SharePoint that support the Council, working group and Technical Group communications;
- Provide updates of the site to the Manager and Head of Safety and Flight Operations, Senior Vice President’s Office
- Management of the Intranet divisional sites
- Organize content on the SFO division main Intranet collaboration pages;
- Create and edit content as requested by the Head/Manager SVPO;
- Propose solutions based on Share point functionalities, develop a plan for implementation for the internal websites improvements;
- Troubleshoot user interface problems and propose design solutions according to IATA branding guidelines;
- Document all processes related to improvements done to the intranet and extranet websites and their ongoing maintenance;
- Occasional support to the SVP Safety and Flight Operations as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- Recent University graduate (degree must have been achieved within the last 12 months);
- University degree in any related professional services (General Administration, Communications, IT, Web design );
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Share point platform and Office365 is essential;
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office package (minimal requirements: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Access);
- Knowledge of main industry stakeholders (ICAO, IATA, ACI) desirable
- Strong creative and resourceful abilities
- Good communications skills
- Effective team player in a multicultural working environment;
- Proficient in English; Knowledge in any other language such as French, Spanish, etc. is an asset.
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/iatainternships
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify (on the application form and in the cover letter) that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
People are at the heart of everything we do at IATA. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but we have one thing in common – the way in which we act which is guided by our values:
- We build standards through expertise
- We champion the global big picture
- We partner for mutual benefits
- We act with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being Diverse and Inclusive – we have people with diverse backgrounds who come from all over the world. Together we build a business of freedom where people can be true to themselves in an environment that recognizes good work and personal qualities
- Address 800 Rue du Square-Victoria, Montréal, QC $ Month