The International Admissions Client Service Assistant is a multi-functional position providing clear, accurate and concise information to the international clients of the Admissions Office. The incumbent works under the direction of the Manager, International Admissions and Recruitment. With a minimum of supervision, the International Admissions Client Service Assistant responds to client inquiries in person, by voice and electronic means. The incumbent provides the follow-through process ensuring that all client issues are resolved within a team environment. The incumbent acts as a resource for the Admissions and Recruitment Assistants in the Undergraduate Recruitment Office.
Qualifications:The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong team player.
- Ability to multi-task but still deal with all the issues in a complete and accurate fashion.
- Deadlines in peak periods are very demanding, and the incumbent requires a great deal of experience and knowledge to deal with the issues accurately and in a timely fashion in a customer driven environment.
- Able to problem solve and know when and where to redirect clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and respond to the unique needs of clients from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Education and Experience:The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
- Completion of 2 years post-secondary education.
- Three to four years of experience, two of which are in a client-service related position, preferable a University environment.
- Experience in navigation of databases and email systems.
Carleton University and CUPE 2424 are currently completing a joint job evaluation and pay equity project. The University and the Union are working together to describe the skills, effort, responsibilities and working conditions associated with every CUPE 2424 job, including this one. As a result, the job description that is currently associated with this posting (for recruitment purposes) may be revised to reflect the actual duties captured in the new job descriptions.
By applying for this job you are acknowledging that the actual duties associated with this job may differ somewhat from those identified in the job posting and that you will agree to perform the duties of this job as determined through the joint job evaluation process.
Equivalencies will be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide information which may demonstrate equivalent qualifications. Please note that applicants may be required to complete an employment test as part of the selection process for this position. Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be requested to contact the Human Resource Advisor assigned to this competition as soon as possible to discuss any accommodation requirements. Arrangements will be made to accommodate your request in a timely manner. Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our University including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expressions.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.