|UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR|
|NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTE VACANCY|
|(Until approximately July 31, 2022)|
|C.U.P.E. LOCAL 1393|
|POSITION TITLE:||Major Gift Officer|
|CLASSIFICATION/||Classification “VII” per Schedule A of the collective agreement|
|RATE OF PAY:||$50.02 / hourly|
|DEPARTMENT:||Faculty of Engineering / Advancement|
The University of Windsor is committed to creating a positive, rewarding, and healthy work environment where employees feel engaged and supported to achieve their best and grow.
- Named one of Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes magazine
- Listed 31st on the 2021 Forbes list of the top 300 employers that have more than 500 employees
- Placed in the Top 10 among Universities in Canada
“Enabling people to make a better world through education, scholarship, research and engagement” is the mission of the University of Windsor. New and renewed facilities, the creation of a downtown campus, expanded degree options, more co-op and experiential learning opportunities, and increased collaboration with institutions across the globe are just a few of the ways that we are extending our impact. The University of Windsor is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented, experienced fundraiser to become part of our team. The Faculty of Engineering and the University of Windsor Campaign Office welcomes those looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Major Gift Officer is an integral part of the Faculty of Engineering and the Advancement team whose focus will be on fundraising plans to support the University’s capital expansion as well as student scholarships, endowment and faculty and research development. This position will have responsibility for raising funds for the Faculty priority projects and plans.
The successful candidate will have:
- A University degree in an appropriate discipline, for example Law, Business, Communications, Arts or Science combined with three (3) to five (5) years of major gift fundraising experience
- Must have a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification or be willing and able to obtain certification
- Demonstrated performance success in cultivating, securing and stewarding major gifts
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing fundraising plans and related documents
- Demonstrated commitment and success in working to create a fair, inclusive, anti-racist environment, and to supporting diverse constituencies and populations.
- Experience in writing proposals and other persuasive documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience working with senior level staff and volunteers
- Superior listening skills and the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of potential stakeholders and translate them into attractive opportunities for investment in UWindsor’s priorities
- Must have demonstrated work experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Raiser’s Edge fundraising software (or equivalent)
- Must be willing to travel and work as needed on evenings, weekends and holidays and must have a valid Driver’s license
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of the University of Windsor, its programs, services, fundraising priorities and related government funding. Ability to work in partnership at all levels within a University environment.
The University of Windsor is a welcoming community that is committed to equity and supports diversity in its teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University’s Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Employment Coordinator ([email protected]). Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (OHREA) at www.uwindsor.ca/ohrea.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- APPLICANTS INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE MUST APPLY ELECTRONICALLY BY COMPLETING AN “APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT” FORM AND FORWARDING WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
ON OR BEFORE:
Friday September 24, 2021 at 4:00PM
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email /cover or application letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
- Address 401 Sunset Ave, Windsor, ON $ Month