CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis.
We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
CARE Canada is currently seeking a Manager Financial Analysis – Humanitarian.
Reporting to the Director, Contracts Management Unit, the Manager Financial Analysis – Humanitarian will lead and support a team of project accountants and conduct processes to meet operational and contractual requirements that support the effective management of various humanitarian projects.
This position will contribute to the development of systems for effective project financial management, oversight of donor compliance requirements, analysis on project expenditure against budgets, and risk mitigation. The Manager Financial Analysis – Humanitarian is will provide support, technical advice and oversight, and capacity building to a team of Financial Analysts in the Ottawa office.
What you offer:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior financial role
- Strong Financial analytical and management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in contracts negotiations with various Government agencies, international UN agencies & private donors for Humanitarian emergencies response funding.
- Ability to readily see the financial and reporting implications of the terms and conditions in donor contracts
- A thorough understanding of budgetary processes and variance analysis
- A thorough understanding of accounting processes as they impact on the overall financial system
- A good appreciation of the need to provide timely and reliable information to senior management and to donors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance personnel in a simple manner, without the technical / accounting jargon
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally (a valid passport will be required)
- Strong computer skills specifically in Excel, Outlook and the Windows operating environment
- Strong ability to understand and analyze financial information, determine and mitigate risk
- Cultural sensitivity, empathy, ability to work under stress required;
- Superior interpersonal skills, with a preference to working as part of a team for a diverse group of individuals with competing priorities
- Strong leadership, autonomy, and integrity
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, and/or provide timely feedback on an as needed and/or urgent basis
- Strong attention to details and ability to meet the deadlines
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with donors officials locally and at HQ
- Ability to communicate with senior management at country office level and at HQ
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish (English/French and/or English/Spanish)
- Experience working for an International non-government organisation (INGO)
- Professional accounting designation (i.e. CA, CMA, CGA, CPA)
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Employer paid benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialized training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Casual work environment
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (application form & cover letter) where you saw this job posting.
- Address 9 Gurdwara Rd., Suite 200, Ottawa, ON $ Month