Acadia seeks a Network Analyst in Technology Services to support the university’s IT infrastructure. This is a highly technical position involved in all aspects of network operations, as the primary analyst and administrator of the edge network, and the secondary administrator of the core network. Reporting to the Senior Network/Security Analyst, specific responsibilities for the position include:
- Configure, deploy and maintain network equipment.
- Maintain IT infrastructure inventory records and infrastructure diagrams.
- Monitor network key performance and capacity indicators.
- Diagnose and resolve system failures across all infrastructure.
- Hands-on servicing of approximately 1500 network devices and 100 network closets, including carrying and installing devices in locations in difficult to access spaces.
- Maintain network security of areas of responsibility.
We are seeking a candidate who has a Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent education with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge and practical experience in major aspects of networking, including local and wide area networks, enterprise wireless, network switching/routing/firewalls.
- Aware of current and emerging cyber threats and attacks, as well as security vulnerabilities.
- Experience administering Next Generation Firewalls (Fortinet is an advantage).
- Skilled at diagnosing and resolving a wide range of issues.
- Working knowledge of a datacentre environment with both Windows and Unix.
- Understands Active Directory.
- Programming skills are an asset.
- Experience with configuration management.
- Must have ability to carry and lift devices up to 25 lbs with ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Demonstrated problem solving, problem analysis, and documentation skills with the ability to handle parallel projects and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, consultation and communication skills with an ability to both apply policy and take direction is required.
THE REWARDS: Acadia offers a comprehensive benefit package and a starting salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience in the range of $50,328 – $62,637 per annum (AUPAT Level 5). To see more information on why Acadia is an employer of choice, please visit our website at: https://hr.acadiau.ca.
TO APPLY: To apply for this opportunity, click on the “Apply Now” button and upload your cover letter, resume, and professional references. For further information or to request a detailed job description, please contact Jennifer Veinot at [email protected] Consideration of applications will begin on August 5, 2021.
Please be advised that only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The University reserves the right not to fill this position. A six-month eligibility list may be established from this competition to fill future vacancies for identical positions.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Acadia University is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from Aboriginal people, African Nova Scotians, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, and persons of any minority sexual orientation or gender identity. Consistent with the principles of employment equity, the primary criterion for appointment to a position is qualifications and professional excellence. Candidates who identify as a member of one of the afore-mentioned groups, and who wish to have the application considered as such, are invited to submit the online Employment Equity Voluntary Self-Identification Form as part of their application package.
The university will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation because of a disability or for any other reason during the interview process, please contact [email protected].
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.