Location: Vancouver – Granville Office
Reporting to: Daily management – People & Culture Specialist, through the Director of People & Culture
Job Status: 6 month temporary part-time, approximately 15 hours per week. Flexible schedule – ideal for parents
Anticipated Start Date: September 2019
Anticipated End Date: February 2019 *Potential for renewal*
Compensation: Hourly rate of $22.42 + 8% in lieu of vacation
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (CPCH) is British Columbia’s recognized pediatric palliative care provider. For over two decades, through the many programs and services we provide, we have made a significant difference in the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and the families who love them. Be part of a talented and innovative team who takes pride in supporting and providing the highest quality pediatric palliative care.
HERE’S WHY IT’S SO GREAT TO WORK WITH US. Aside from being surrounded by a friendly, inclusive, dedicated team, Canuck Place offers employees wellness activities / services, weekly onsite massage therapy, informative lunch ‘n learns, as well as various learning opportunities. Canuck Place Children’s Hospice also has a “Care For the Caregiver” committee who provides ongoing, creative activities to connect us with one another as a reminder that it’s “this” moment that really counts.
Canuck Place Children’s Hospice hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality & diversity within its community and to a welcoming & inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations & genders and others with the skills & knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Reporting into the Human Resources department, you are a trusted member of the team and support the Human Resources department functions in meeting strategic priorities and organizational requirements.
- Post jobs on applicable websites
- Attend career fairs and events that promote CPCH as an employer of choice
- Conduct phone interviews with shortlisted candidates and provide detailed notes on each one & recommendations on who to move forward to the next stage of the process
- Schedule in-person interviews
- Complete reference checks
- For all recruitment purposes, use the Applicant Tracking System and focus on becoming an “expert user”
- Assist with the implementation of a new HRIS and support the People & Culture Specialist in this project
- Assist in the document management project to move to a paperless department while adhering to all standards of privacy and confidentiality
- Research projects related to all aspects of HR
- Assist with other administrative HR support requirements as needed
- Participate in at least two internal committees
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- An interest or experience in recruitment and Human Resources
What you bring to the role:
- Experienced in Microsoft Office 2010 (or up), Excel, Word and Adobe
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems preferred but not essential
- Exposure to not-for-profit environment an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to produce accurate work
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills; detail-oriented; diligent
- Ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of confidentiality, professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Personal values well-aligned with those of Canuck Place Children’s Hospice: demonstrated through work or community involvement
- High integrity; creativity; balance, good judgment and objectivity; high vision and conceptual capabilities; consultative, facilitative and collaborative skills; sense of humor
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility that allows you to work with high energy, creative people
- Ability to thrive and to effectively manage priorities in a changing, ambiguous environment
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position may require occasional weekend & evening work and travel within & outside the Lower Mainland.
- Please submit your cover letter and your resume to [email protected] by July 31, 2019.
- Please indicate where you discovered this job posting and specify which role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
- We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage First Nations, Inuit & Metis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
- vacanciesincanada.ca will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
- Address 1690 Matthews Avenue Vancouver, BC Canada
- Salary Offer Hourly rate of $22.42 + 8% in lieu of vacation $ Hourly rate of $22.42 + 8% in lieu of vacation Month