CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis.
We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
CARE Canada is currently seeking a Director of Contract Management.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of the Contracts Management Unit (CMU) will provide oversight and leadership to a team of project accountants and be responsible for financial oversight of all projects implemented by CARE Canada in CARE country offices. The Director, CMU will provide financial monitoring of programs portfolio and business activities to assist the organization in realizing optimum return on investments and programmatic impact. The Director, CMU will also promote effective collaboration between finance staff and others in the organization pertaining to financial aspects of project proposal development, monitoring, evaluation and project closeout.
What you offer:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a Finance or accounting supervisory role including responsibility for full accounting cycle within an organization or business unit
- Experience preparing and providing reports and budgets to external funding stakeholders
- Proven experience liaising directly with non-financial managers and staff on budget or other financial reporting matters;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP and financial systems
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Advanced MS Office skills – particularly Excel
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and eagerness to take a hands-on approach to accounting, budgeting and reporting
- CPA designation
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish
- Experience working with GAC funded projects
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialised training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation;
- Casual working environment
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (application form & cover letter) where you saw this job posting.
- Address 9 Gurdwara Rd, Nepean, ON $ Month