CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis.
We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
CARE Canada is currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for providing the highest level of professional support to the President and CEO, facilitating the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the Executive Office. The EA will ensure a maximum level of productivity and efficient operations of all administrative activities.
What you offer:
- Experience organizing, prioritizing, and managing information flow, including incoming mail and other correspondence. Anticipating, preparing, revising, and disseminating correspondence.
- Tracking and follow up as appropriate.
- Reviewing outgoing materials for accuracy, format, conformance with company policies/procedures, internal consistency; also ensure proper approvals have been obtained before routing correspondence, invoices, expense reports, or signature-required documents and forms.
- Scheduling and coordinating on-and off-site meetings for small or large groups of varying nature/scope, including meetings with staff, donors, media and board members.
- Scheduling, travel arrangements for CEO and board as well as participants
- Compile and research data for report preparation. May create, maintain, update, and reconcile detailed analyses for reports required or requested by executive management.
- Seasoned calendar management experience: anticipate, prioritize, initiate, and schedule CEO’s meetings and activities. Has clearance to schedule meetings on own authority. Prepare and compile materials or special requirements for meetings on own initiative. Prepare agendas and presentation materials (charts, graphs, etc). Follow up on meeting action items.
- In executive’s absence, coordinate requests and perform timely follow up.
- Strong detail orientation, proactive approach, and follow up skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- 5-8 years progressive experience in a senior level Executive Assistant role;
- Fluency in English and in French;
- Ability to solve problems creatively and to analyze, conceptualize and plan individually as well as part of a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional and pleasant telephone manner in both official languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (including Office, Teams and SharePoint)
- Confident and comfortable using social media to broadcast and communicate organizational activities, positions and announcements.
- Excellent information management skills.
What would make you extraordinary (Assets)?
- Experience in communications, and emerging technologies;
- Fluency in languages other than the required French and English;
- A mindset that embraces change and thrives in a dynamic environment;
- Experience supporting executives with varied leadership styles;
- Experience in International Development or Humanitarian Aid or complimentary experience with partners within the sector;
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure;
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services;
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training;
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy;
- A family friendly environment;
- Free parking; E-car charging ports, transportation routes, central location which is close to popular amenities;
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays;
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply directly at before January 31, 2020. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified.
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (application form & cover letter) where you saw this job posting.
- Address 9 Gurdwara Rd, Nepean, ON $ Month