04/01/2020 – 03/31/2023
Climate Change, Environment
Type of employment:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: “Low Carbon and Circular Economy Business Action in the Americas” in Canada.
The overall objective of the project is to promote EU companies on low carbon and circular economyrelated technologies and services at regional scale in the Americas.
The Action will contribute to promote and defend EU economic interests, in particular SMEs and small-mid caps, on the regional stage and will thus constitute a major operational action in support of an EU Economic Diplomacy. It will also contribute to the limitation and/or reduction of industrial GHG emissions in line with the commitments of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall coordination of the technical assistance and ensure effective coordination and sequencing of all project activities. She/he will further have to demonstrate the ability to manage technical specialists as non-key experts for delivering the various technical tasks under the project.
The Team Leader will also guarantee the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall project management and implementation, including that all projects outputs, PIMS monitoring, and reports are appropriate, consistent, timely and of the highest quality.
The Team Leader will demonstrate, through his proven qualifications, skills and professional experience, the following: excellent interpersonal skills and team-oriented and service oriented work style; self-motivated ability to work independently; eye for detail/accuracy; resistance to stress; ability to dialogue with national Authorities and institutional structures.
Qualification and skills
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as engineering, economy, management;
- Fluency in English (C1 level8) and ability to work in French (B2 level);
- Experience in people and resource management;
- Minimum 10 years of general professional experience;
- Minimum 5 years of specific professional experience (included in the 10 years of general professional experience) on commercialisation and business development;
- At least 3 years of experience as a team leader in managing technical assistance projects/programmes;
- At least 3 years of working experience in Canada;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in management of Low Carbon technology related projects (included in the 10 years of general professional experience);
The intended start date is April 1, 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date. The operational base will be Ottawa (Canada). Activities will be implemented in all territories of Canada. Some activities may be implemented in the European Union.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europass format.
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 26.01.2020
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you found out about this vacancy.
- Address Ottawa $ Month