The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
The National Marketing and Development team at NCC seeks a full-time Manager, Supporter Services for a 12-month contract (maternity leave replacement). The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a superior customer service experience to NCC’s supporters in both French and English. As part of the Marketing and Development team the incumbent will oversee the day to day operations of the Supporter Services area, and provide training to the Supporter Services team in order to ensure a high quality of service.
Report directly to the Director, Donor Relations & Stewardship, the incumbent will implement donor stewardship initiatives and systems in line with the Donor Relations & Stewardship plan and also develop and recommend ways to provide a positive experience for NCC donors and supporters. In addition, the incumbent will oversee fulfillment delivered by third party suppliers.
The position requires a fully bilingual, professional individual with experience in customer service. The ability to think strategically about NCC’s customer experience, and how NCC can provide the highest level of service to our donors are integral to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day operations of the Supporter Services team to deliver high quality customer service to NCC donors and supporters.
- Be the primary contact for Supporter Services related issues with internal and external stakeholders, and manage any escalating issues that may arise.
- Create, execute and coordinate a wide range of initiatives related to the improvement of NCC’s customer service experience.
- Train the Supporter Services team to constantly improve customer service and organizational skills.
- Develop tools, templates and other materials to support regional staff and other departments.
- Ensure Supporter Services procedures and communication templates are updated.
- Develop and implement stewardship initiatives to service a wide range of donor groups in line with NCC’s Marketing & Development goals.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems (weekly receipting, thank you calls, transactional correspondences, and other systems) to streamline, and look for efficiencies in NCC’s customer service and donor stewardship processes.
- Work closely with the Data team to ensure processes are completed in a timely manner and data quality is maintained.
- Ensure the Supporter Services team meets existing internal business rules in regards to supporter services responsibilities.
- Liaise and manage contracts with third party vendors (including visits to vendors and meetings).
Required Skills and Attributes
- Fully bilingual in French and English required
- Commitment to the core values and NCC’s mission statement
- Post-secondary education in a related field and/or
- Significant experience managing a customer service team in a similar environment
- Ability to lead a team
- Commitment to training staff
- Ability to assess and make decisions quickly
- Ability to handle conflict situations
- Ability to think strategically in line with NCC’s Marketing and Development goals
- Highly organized and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Knowledge of databases and systems, in particular Raiser’s Edge
- Direct Marketing experience or interest is a valuable asset
- Project management skills are an asset
- Previous experience managing contracts with third party vendors
Terms & conditions
- Terms of Employment: 12-month contract, full-time
- Start date is Mid-September, 2019
- Location: National Office at 245 Eglinton Avenue E, Suite 410, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3J1
- To apply, please send a resume package (maximum 1-page cover letter and maximum 2-page resume) to [email protected] using the subject line “Manager, Supporter Services” by August 23rd, 2019.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where you discovered this job posting (vacanciesincanada.ca)
NCC thanks everyone who applies for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
- vacanciesincanada.ca will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
- Address 245 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 410 Toronto, Ontario, Canada $ Month