Executive Director, Regional Fund Development
Grow your career while making an impact at Diabetes Canada!
Today, 11 million Canadians live with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Current growth rates mean that young people at age 20 face a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing the condition. To stem the tide of this epidemic, Diabetes Canada is raising its sights to deliver impact at a population level by advocating for healthy public policy, driving exceptional diabetes care, promoting research towards a cure, and enhancing our digital delivery consistent with the needs of those we serve today and the desires of our donors.
The Executive Director, Regional Fund Development will drive revenue growth through DC’s Regional Fund Development teams while creating synergies across all DC channels. Through the effective employment, engagement, development and deployment of employees and volunteers in communities across Canada meet or exceed revenue targets and operating budgets to support the prevention, care and cure of diabetes at a population impact level.
Scope of Role:
- Oversee all Regional Fund Development programs ensuring revenue growth while managing expenses to maximize net to mission.
- Recruit, train and provide ongoing leadership to Regional Fund Development teams.
- Identify ways to maximize community fundraising programs like Point of Sale, Put A Squeeze, Golf and Gala.
- Identify new business opportunities for community fundraising working closely with all national functions to ensure integration and maximization of opportunities, e.g. national corporate partnerships and major gifts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with top-tier prospects and funders.
- Achieve a high level of collaboration across all functional areas and at all levels of the organization to support all fund development channels including major gifts, planned giving, and national corporate partnerships.
- Participate as an active member of the Fund Development Team contributing to the development of strategic plans as well as the annual budget.
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to overseeing a disciplined and best practice approach to KPI’s, prospect pipeline development, relationship management ensuring tracking of progress through the stages of cultivation, stewardship and renewal in Customer Relationship Management software.
- Develop and implement integrated annual operating plans at the community level including fund development, donor relations, advocacy, and government relations, marketing & communications and human resources management.
- Maintain accurate timely and documented budgets and profitability forecasts supported by reports for the Executive Leadership Team. Highlighting risk in a timely fashion.
- Provide leadership to and act as a resource to National Fund Development staff.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all new and on-going programs in order to speak knowledgably and enthusiastically about the work of Diabetes Canada.
- Develop a volunteer strategy to support Regional Fund Development.
- Employ a professional and collaborative approach to growing strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seasoned fundraising professional with 10-15 years of experience across a range of portfolios with experience in a large, complex not-for-profit organization.
- University-educated professional or with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Professional fundraiser with a proven track record of successful relationship management and meeting or exceeding fundraising targets; CFRE preferred.
- Results-driven, self-starter, and highly motivated with a leadership and interpersonal style that fosters constructive and productive relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Skilled relationship manager, able to interact with high-level donors, build relationships, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong leader with 10-15 years of leadership and management experience who is able to inspire a team and collaborate and support colleagues across the organization to achieve results.
- Seasoned change management champion who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Compelling communicator, applying excellent written and oral communication skills to synthesize complex information into compelling and strategic material.
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- The chance to interact and collaborate with others in a meaningful role within an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to #EdnDiabetes
- The opportunity to work with teams of individuals making a difference every day to improve the lives of millions of people
- A comprehensive compensation package, including benefits and pension plans.
- To apply, please click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify (on the application form and in your cover letter) that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
About the Application Process
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 1300-522 University Ave. Toronto, ON $ Month