Closing Date: August 16, 2019
Organization: Right To Play International
Department/Division: Global Marketing and Communications
Work location: Toronto, Canada
Authorized to work in: Canada (i.e., Canadian citizen or permanent resident)
Right To Play is a global organization that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we help 2.3 million children to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another Be Playful – Have fun at work
Right to Play is looking for a highly creative Graphic Designer and Visual Content Producer with a proven track record of creating multi-platform visual content that connects, motivates and inspires audiences. You are a highly skilled graphic designer, with a demonstrated ability to produce quality print and digital products including marketing collateral, annual reports and social media assets. You are able to develop and edit compelling video content for multi-platform use and have an eye for selecting and using photography and other creative elements, to get your content noticed. You know how to apply your creative skills to bring stories to life, to make our impact stats sing and how to produce presentations that pop. You have the ability to use multiple tools to perfectly express who we are, what we do and the impact our work is making. Whether creating an annual report, marketing collateral, video or assets for social media, you are driven by a desire to produce distinctive, innovative, high-quality content and products that are impactful and effective.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced multimedia and graphic designer, adept at creating visual content, including print, video and digital. Prior experience and proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects (or another comparable editing program) are a must as well as a high degree of comfort creating killer PowerPoint presentations.
The Graphic Designer and Visual Content Producer develops and builds content for a variety of audiences in various digital and non-digital environments including but not limited to social media, website, marketing collateral, video and presentations.
Illustration, web design, HTML and CSS, videography and photography experience are assets.
This position reports to the Director, Global Marketing and Communications with a dotted reporting line to the Digital Marketing Manager.
Job Responsibility #1: Marketing Product Design and Multi-Platform Content Creation (80% of Time):
- Graphic Design: Create a cohesive look and feel for all branded products and collateral in line with organization’s brand identity. Conceptualize and design all graphic, video and other visual content and products, from concept to completion for use in digital and non-digital applications including social media and web
- Marketing Collateral Design: Design and produce all marketing related collateral materials including annual reports, brochures, one-pagers and other print materials
- Video Editing: Create and edit video content for use on digital and social platforms as well as offline in presentations and events
- Presentation Decks: Design professional and engaging presentation and pitch decks that help deliver our messages clearly, effectively and in an on-brand, aesthetically pleasing way
- Social Media Asset Design: Design and create all social media visual assets
- Brand Champion: Monitor and enforce brand consistency, in accordance with our brand guidelines, across all marketing and promotional products and assets. Update brand guidelines as necessary
- Manage Content Database: Ensure all relevant communications content such as photographs, b-roll and videos and other visual assets are captured, tagged and stored to ensure easy access and optimized usability
- Content Capture: Capture content for and at events and other happenings across the organization as required
Job Responsibility #2: Support Content Strategy (15% of Time):
- Support development and execution of digital and non-digital content strategy and calendar in collaboration with relevant team members
- Provide guidance on best way to translate content for each medium appropriate to the target audience
Job Responsibility #3: Perform other Duties as Assigned (5% of Time):
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a highly creative and self-motivated graphic designer with the ability to interpret a vision and tell meaningful stories. You manage work efficiently and can produce content within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You are willing to take initiative and are excited to take on new projects. You stay current in industry trends and constantly seek out ways to stay at the top of your game. Finally, you are an adaptable team player and problem solver, with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma, in Graphic Design, Studio Art or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the field of graphic design and art direction
- A proven track-record of creating multi-platform content that connects, motivates and inspires audiences
- A strong portfolio (only candidates with a portfolio will be considered)
- Experience in publication design, including annual reports
- Experience in video production and editing
- Advanced mastery of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects
- Flexible, detail and deadline-oriented, self-starter and able to incorporate constructive feedback
- Familiarity with website publishing and digital content maintenance utilizing a CMS system
- Mastery of digital design process and best practices, including platform optimization, latest trends, and innovative approaches
- Familiarity with a breadth of social media channels and how to optimize content for each platform
- Good knowledge of content distribution channels, and how to use them, including but not limited to Mail Chimp would be an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS not required but would be an asset
- Fluency in oral and written English required
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care & be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including group RRSP plan with 3% matching contributions, gym membership, flexible work policy (e.g. work from home and flex hours) and summer/winter hours.
Target Start Date: September 2019
Contract Duration: Permanent/Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and kindly include “Graphic Designer” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where you saw this posting (vacanciesincanada.ca).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
- Address 18 King Street East, 14th Floor, Toronto ON Canada $ Month