YMCA of Greater Toronto
Development Associate, Events & Digital
(Regular Full Time Salaried)
Hiring Range: $50,405 – $52,000
Effective Date: September 3rd, 2019
Reports to: Senior Manager, Fundraising & Association Events
Location: 2200 Yonge Street, Toronto
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation. The YMCA provides almost 6,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature & Scope:
At the YMCA, we celebrate the joy of asking, the joy of giving and the joy of receiving. Through the generous contributions of our donors and sponsors, the YMCA of Greater Toronto raises $8M+ million annually.
The YMCA has embarked on a $100 million capital campaign to build new YMCA Centres of Community across the GTA to ensure that everyone has access to the opportunities they need to reach their full potential. www.ymcagta.org/strongstart
The YMCA executes two peer-to-peer fundraising events annually. The Sweat for Good Challenge is a week-long event in which 1000+ members conquer personal fitness challenges. (Learn more about Sweat for Good.) YMCA Kids Challenge is a one-day event with 20,000+ kids walking in 300 locations to experience the power of giving back. The Events Associate will be an enthusiastic professional with experience in special event management and digital communications, playing a key role in the success of these and other fundraising events and activities.
- Plan and execute peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Support planning and execution of donor cultivation events, stewardship events, Association events
- Coordinate the work of internal committees to achieve targets for peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Provide outstanding donor and member service in the execution of events
- Coordinate event logistics
- Track and report event revenues and expenses against budget
- Coordinate post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved
- Maintain database of sponsors and sponsor prospects
- Keep abreast of fundraising event trends
Digital Communications (20%)
- Serve on cross-functional Digital Production Team (DPT)
- Contribute to the development of digital fundraising strategy
- Execute digital communications to support fundraising objectives
- Develop and deploy digital content to support fundraising campaigns and events across channels (web, email, social)
- Monitor Google Analytics and report on activity and trends
Demonstrate appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; take a member-focused approach to increase understanding of programs offered across the Association. Represent the YMCA in a professional manner.
Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children, youth and vulnerable people in YMCA programs. Commit to the professional responsibility of maintaining knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures, child and youth development and best practices to best serve and protect children, youth, and vulnerable people.
Understand the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
Understand the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Events, Marketing, Communications or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience planning, organizing and hosting events, parties and or functions within a corporate or non-profit setting. Fundraising event experience preferred.
- A joy for meeting and engaging with members, volunteers and donors
- A track record of successful volunteer coordination
- Strong organizational skills that make multitasking a breeze
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- A keen problem-solver, possessing an extreme attention to the smallest of details
- Proficient in Microsoft office; experience with a CRM system as asset
- Experience creating compelling digital content
- Experience with applications and tools including: Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Meltwater, Smartsheet, and Campaign Monitor
- Knowledge of web content and design principles, web writing styles, and web implementation tools
- Knowledge of SEO, A/B testing, landing page optimization
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Availability for early morning, evening or weekend work based on event schedule
- Fundamental competence in Teamwork & Collaboration and Valuing Diversity & Social Inclusion and advanced competence in Effective Interpersonal Communications, Ethics & Self-Management, Member-Focused, Relationship-Building & Partnership and Results Focused
- Please send cover letter and résumé quoting job posting #0302 by Friday, August 9th, 2019 to:
Helen Barbalias, Senior Manager, Fundraising & Association Events
Email: [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where you saw this posting (vacanciesincanada.ca)
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About the YMCA of Greater Toronto:
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plans Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto, you help to ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org
- Address 2200 Yonge Street, Suites 205/219/300 Toronto, ON
- Salary Offer $50,405 - 52,000 $ $50,405 - 52,000 Month