Job Number: 11740
Title: Language Instructor
Program: S.U.C.C.E.S.S. IMMIGRANT SETTLEMENT & INTEGRATION PROGRAM
Salary: $26.78 to $28.41 plus 15 minutes preparation time per one hour of class time
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Richmond Region
- LINC 3 Evening: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm Tuesday-Thursday (7.5 hrs/week + prep)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and delivers CLB-aligned and student-centred lesson plans according to the students’ needs and according to the S.U.C.C.E.S.S.S. curriculum
- Teaches in an engaging and effective manner, respectful of student diversity and needs
- Maintains accurate records, including attendance sheets and submits reports promptly to ensure students’ progress effectively
- Assesses students using CLB indicators and Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA)
- Plans for appropriate filed trips and guest speakers
- Creates a welcoming and inclusive classroom environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- A TESL Canada recognized TESL/TESOL certificate or diploma if the undergraduate degree is not in TESL/TESOL
- Experience teaching adult ESL, particularly community-based settlement ESL
- Experience teaching ESL adult students using student-centred and task-based approaches
- Experience working in a multicultural and diverse environment.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Attitude and values in keeping with mission and values of S.U.C.C.E.S.S.
- Competent degree of computer literacy using e-mail, using word processing programs, and Moodle
- Clear Criminal Record Check required
How to Apply:
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
- Interested candidates please apply by using the following e-mail subject line “Language Instructor” and emailing your application by 5:00 PM, on Friday, August 9, 2019, and submitting applications to: [email protected]
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify in both your e-mail and cover letter that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
Resume and cover letter should not be longer than 3 pages. No phone calls please. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.