We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray.
The type of work we do at Wood’s Homes requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking Family Support Counsellors I or II for Family Support Network, which provides innovative programs for families with child protection concerns. In partnership with Children’s Services, this program offers outcomes-based approaches to intervention.
The Family Support Counsellor is responsible for the delivery of family support services to the children and families in the care of Wood’s Homes.
This position reports to the Team Leaders of the Family Support Network.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Conducting needs assessment to identify individual, social, emotional, behavioral and academic requirements of the child and family.
- Developing treatment goals and case management strategies, in conjunction with program management.
- Liaising between the family, school, community and other professional groups and service providers.
- Advocates for the family and supports the development of a network of resources with the family, community and other professionals. Teaches families how to advocate for themselves.
- Providing training and counseling to children and families to address issues affecting the child’s social/emotional/behavioral/academic progress.
- Participates in weekly supervision, case reviews, clinical rounds and team meetings to ensure effective delivery of Family Support services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Undergraduate degree in one of the Human Sciences, Child & Youth Care or a related field.
- Two to four years’ experience working with children and families.
- In-home support experience preferred.
- Must have own transportation and be able to work flexible hours.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: [email protected]
- Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name – FSN, FSC’ in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you discovered this job posting.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 805 - 37th Street NW Calgary, AB $ Month