|We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray.
The commitment to high-risk adolescents, many of whom are faced with some very tough issues, is a point of pride for Wood’s Homes. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence. We are proud of the high quality support services offered to our clients, partners and communities and, through our programs, will continue to promote and assist in the development and well-being of children, youth and families.
We are currently seeking a Benefits Coordinator to work in the Human Resources Department. The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and timely handling of all matters relating to benefits.
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Administer all aspects of the group benefit, EFAP and pension plans including monitoring loss experience and suggesting improvements.
- Coordinate all disability, workers’ compensation and leave claims
- Liaise between benefit providers, WCB, management and employees
- Assist employees in understanding the benefit programs
- Process the payroll in the absence of the Payroll Coordinator
- Advises management on interpretation of the benefits related Collective Agreement articles and government legislation
- Prepares all monthly remittances for benefit vendors
- An active member of the health and safety committee
- Provides client service both internally and externally on all benefits related issues
- Involvement on committees, with Human Resources Manager’s approval
- Assist other Human Resources staff when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Shares the values of Wood’s Homes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Experience with the management of benefit and payroll programs
- Prior experience with HR Information Systems, preferably Dayforce, is required
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, in particular, Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and tact when dealing with sensitive issues and information
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills to facilitate making time sensitive decisions
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills are required
- Undergraduate degree or professional designation required; relevant years’ experience may also be considered
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a benefits administration role
- Professional designation in benefits and retirement plans (CEBS, GBA, RPA, etc.) is considered an asset
- Welcomes responsibility and enjoys challenge
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.