Are you energetic, collaborative and have a passion working with preschool aged children and their families? Do you excel in a classroom environment that focuses on play-based classroom activities as both individuals and in groups? e4c is hiring for Relief Special Education Assistants with our Early Learning division who work as part of an inter-disciplinary team to develop appropriate programming for children (ages 2.5 to 5 years) with additional needs. You will participate in case management planning and implement play-based programming according to the unique goals of children and their families that focuses on total development. This is a unique opportunity for a Special Needs Assistant or Child Development Worker to utilize their educational expertise and experience to assist diverse families and children in reaching their full potentials!
Hours: Relief: Dependent on program needs: Shifts include weekdays: 8:30am to 4:30pm during school months.
Why Join Our Team
- Supportive classroom environment and opportunity to work directly with Alberta Certified Teachers.
- Flexible position during school months for less disruption to your lifestyle!
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Be supervised and mentored through observation, formal and informal coaching session and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
In Your Role You Will
- Participate in case management planning and implementation that focuses on children’s and families goals’ in collaboration with the inter-disciplinary team.
- Maintain ongoing interaction with children during classroom activities on an individual, small group and large group basis.
- Monitor equipment and room to ensure that safety protocols are being followed for optimum protection of participants.
- Assist all classroom staff with materials preparation and classroom clean-up, which may include photocopying, laminating, toy sanitation and preparing craft materials
- Maintain communication with classroom staff to ensure program plans are carried out consistently.
- Model correct procedures and guidelines for post-secondary practicum students, parent volunteers and others.
- Develop and maintain records and reports in order to meet program standards that include: attendance, disclosures, individual learning plans, classroom files and other appropriate documentation.
Education and Certifications
- Child Development Certificate Level 1, 2 or 3.
- First Aid & CPR
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Intervention Record Check.
- Special Needs Assistant Certificate.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) training.
- 1+ years’ experience working with children with developmental delays i.e. cognitive disabilities, speech and language delays, behavioral concerns etc.
- Equivalencies may be considered with a combination of work experience and education.
- Strong knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team is an asset.
- Inter–Disciplinary Approach – a component which identifies ‘what people need to possess and ‘what they need to achieve’ in the workplace’; an ethical component concerned with integrating knowledge of culture, values and social awareness into professional practice; a component that emphasizes self-reflection in action; the capability to effectively implement evidence-based interventions in the service configurations of a modern best practices; and a commitment to working with new models of professional education and responsibility for lifelong learning.
- Teamwork – the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff, colleagues, and stakeholders to achieve collective results.
- Communication – the ability to understand and be understood by individuals and groups using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovative – the ability to challenge, take risks and generate new ideas to improve operations or create new opportunities.
- Personal Effectiveness – the ability to demonstrate skills, knowledge and an attitude that enable them to effectively carry out the job and to maintain personal health over time.
- Integrity and Ethical Behavior – a clear understanding of ethical and business practices.
- Service Orientation – an understanding of clients’ needs and strives to meet or exceed expectations.
- To apply, please send your application to [email protected]
- When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest, experience and availability
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you discovered this job posting.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
- Address 9321 Jasper Ave Edmonton, AB $ Month