External posting / Affichage externe
International Health Policy Manager CONTRACT 1 year, extension /permanence possible (NFP) /
Gestionnaire, Politiques internationales en matière de santé
CONTRACT (OSBL, santé mondiale)
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH – http://www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to improve and sustain care for people with inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to achieve our vision of “Treatment For All” around the world.
The WFH is seeking a knowledgeable & experienced International Health Policy Manager – CONTRACT
1 yr – extension / permanence possible, to lead high-visibility WFH health policy initiatives, while developing expertise in health policies related to safety, supply and access to treatment of bleeding disorders around the world.
|Type of position:
|Full-time; contract 1 yr, extension or regular position possible
|Downtown Montreal (headquarters)|
|START date:||AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (latest SEPT 2019)|
Reporting to the Director, Research & Public Policy and working in collaboration with the CEO, sr management team members, and principal board members as need be, the International Health Policy Manager – 1 year contract, will lead and manage key public policy initiatives of the WFH, developing his/her expertise in world health policies, particularly as it relates to safety, supply and access to treatment of bleeding disorders around the world.
In concert with WFH regional managers and other WFH teams, the incumbent will develop a health policy strategy related to the access, supply and safety of treatment products for the WFH, with a focus on low- and middle-income countries.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES –
Health Policy on Safety, Supply and Access to Treatment Products
- Research & analyze the global landscape of health policies related to bleeding disorders with emphasis in low and middle-income countries
- Cultivate, maintain, and strengthen existing partnerships with global healthcare organizations (World Health Organization, Rare Disease International, FDA and EMA
- Establish relationships with the Ministries of Health and other government bodies in WFH member countries with the aim of improving access to care in countries
- Develop an expertise in treatment products for bleeding disorders, focusing on safety & supply of treatment globally
- Manage the WFH committee on the safety and supply of treatment: WFH Coagulation Products Safety, Supply and Access Committee (CPSSAC)
- Update & monitor the online WFH Clotting Factor Concentration registry
- Work with WFH volunteers to identify, monitor, and manage issues related to the safety of treatment products around the world
- Work with WFH regional managers to ensure that policymakers & the public have access to up-to-date information about their country’s access to care & health outcomes for people with bleeding disorders
- Represent WFH at regional & international meetings, and brief WFH staff and regional managers on key communications coming out of meetings on a regular basis
- Prepare, disseminate policy & scientific updates of interest to the global bleeding disorders community
- Keep up to date on global initiatives aimed at improving access to care for people with bleeding disorders
- Generate evidence-based policy papers, advocacy documents, and initiatives that highlight gaps in global health of people with bleeding disorders
- Increase visibility of progress & successes in global health initiatives of the WFH, and others
- Increase visibility of the WFH health policy initiatives
General duties & responsibilities
- Facilitate the work of key volunteers & WFH committees involved in public health policies & related activities
- Provide progress reports, administrative and financial control of activities & deliverables
- Respond to internal & external queries, correspondence, and other requests for information about activities
- Carry out any other task relevant to the position as required by the Director, Research & Public Policy, or the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS –
- Graduate degree in in health policy, public policy or international development; or in science with experience in health policy
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in the non-profit sector, international organization, or world health care setting; functional management experience (budgeting, reporting)
- High level conceptual and strategic thinker
- Ability to grasp new concepts and knowledge quickly, embrace WFH mission & core values
- Demonstrable experience in translating evidence & data into knowledge
- Superior public relations, representation and communication skills
- Ability to form alliances easily, work & collaborate well in a team environment; equally autonomous, self–motivated
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, with exceptional cross-cultural & diplomatic abilities; recent experience in advocacy, working with diverse cultures and countries
- Resourceful, adept at taking initiative and following through, solving problems effectively; excels in a fast-paced, ambiguous/changing environment
- Ability to balance, prioritize multiple tasks, work on projects simultaneously; excellent time management skills
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook internet)
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English (main language of work); working knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or other international language(s) – preferred
- Entitled to live & work in Quebec, Canada
- Availability and flexibility to undertake international travel.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send in confidence an English resume & motivation letter IMMEDIATELY to:
E: [email protected] Fx: +1 514.875.8916
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and motivation letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this posting.
The World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie http://www.wfh.org
Gestionnaire ressources humaines – HR Manager / 1200 – 1425, boul. René-Lévesque ouest Montréal Qc H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.
- Address 1425, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest Bureau 1200 Montréal, Québec Canada $ Month