Department: Programs Department
Reports to: Humanitarian Affairs Advisor
Position status: Temporary, Full-time (37.5 hours per week) – 12 month contract
Start date: October, 2019
Salary: $64,308 per annum, prorated to contract length
MSF Canada (MSF-C) interacts across the different MSF offices and Operational Centers (OCs). The Programs Department supports operations movement-wide, close to field activities, with particular expertise in e-learning, telemedicine, humanitarian affairs and advocacy, private funds disbursement, and institutional funding. MSF-C is one of the offices with the mandate to acquire institutional funding for field projects. The Programs Department interacts with high level strategic actors internationally in the organization and follows a large variety of current humanitarian and organizational issues.
The Grant Management Officer, an integral part of the Program Department, will provide key support in managing, growing and diversifying revenue streams through, but not limited to, the Canadian Government and other institutional entities. In reporting to the Humanitarian Affairs Advisor, the Grant Management Officer is responsible to manage the overall acquisition/management process, will coordinate the MSF-C Project Disbursement Committee, and will support the Humanitarian Affairs Advisor in strengthening strategic relationships with the Canadian government through the following functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including, but not limited to:
- Institutional revenue stream – Manage the preparation of concept notes and project proposals for submission, ensuring timely submission while managing all components of the process; Explore potential for institutional funding opportunities for new projects
- Foundation revenue stream – Act as a focal point for the Fundraising Department for operational information requests, assist in developing foundation proposals, concept notes, and writing project updates and reports
- Project Disbursement committee – Coordinate the work of the Project Disbursement Committee (PDC); Manage PDC and ensure compliance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations, and organizational guidelines; Act as a focal point for communication between OCs and MSF-Canada departments regarding ongoing projects, as well as prospects for future allocation
- Project management, Administration, Communication – Support the Director of Programs in the Annual Planning cycle, including planning, implementation, and follow-up reporting for Public Funding related dossiers; Support the Humanitarian Affairs Advisor in building, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with Global Affairs Canada on operational issues and dossiers relevant to MSF remotely and through in-person meetings with Global Affairs and other government officials
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree in International Development or related; Masters Level Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in successfully acquiring institutional funding from multiple donors
- Detailed knowledge of internal MSF Public Funding policies, landscape, restrictions, and processes
- Experience working with Global Affairs Canada required; knowledge of International Humanitarian Affairs strongly preferred; knowledge of other Federal/Provincial/Territorial government funding agencies an asset
- Demonstrated capacity to manage a team of people
- Demonstrated capacity to represent MSF to government officials
- Experience in or familiarity with gender issues and gender-based analysis , preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Strong knowledge of results-based management and theory of change
- Field experience and an understanding of humanitarian operations is considered an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Writing and analytical skills to effectively report on complex humanitarian crisis situations
- Advanced analytical thinking and operational experience supporting strategic development
- Ability to work cross-departmentally and cross-organizationally with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management, networking, collaboration and time management skills
- Fluency in English mandatory
- Fluency in French very desirable
- If based in Ottawa, 5% to other MSF offices, within Canada and internationally
- If based in Montreal, 8-10% to Ottawa and to other MSF offices, within Canada and internationally
Benefits include access to a generous Health Spending Account, Group Insurance, RRSP contributions – based on employment status, Long-term / Short-term Disability, starting 4 weeks’ Vacation/year, Flexible work hours, Relocation packages based on eligibility, Professional Development budget, Employee Assistance Program, and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity and results.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION:
- To apply, please follow this link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify (on the application form and in your motivation letter) that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
Please be sure to include three (3) references and a letter of motivation as a part of your application.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 11 September, 2019, 9:00 AM, EDT.
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
NOTE: Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Canada to be considered. We thank you for your interest; please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF Canada is a people-focused humanitarian organization that is proud to offer a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We strongly believe this approach enhances our work and we’re committed to equity in employment. The organization seeks to attract and engage the best professionals to join and maintain meaningful, productive and lasting work relationships. We embrace diverse motivations and backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, or women.
Note: Applicants who have questions regarding accommodation and accessibility can send questions/concerns to Phone: 1-800-982-7903 ext: 3454.
- Address 551 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON
- Salary Offer $64,308 $ $64,308 Month