COSTI REQUIRES A PART TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT FOR ITS
LANGUAGE & SKILLS TRAINING SERVICES,
VAUGHAN WELCOME CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a part-time non-union contract position scheduled to work 11 hours per week;
Monday and Wednesday 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Program Closure Dates:
December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020.
March 16, 2020 to March 20, 2020.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program.
- Handles student and employer inquiries in person, on the telephone and via email regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
- Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical reports.
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of students.
- Prepares and distributes bus tickets to eligible clients and maintain records.
- Liaises with assessment centre for client intake assessment and placement.
- Responsible for client registration.
- Collects and inputs client data into iCARE and CLARS systems.
- Prepares and distributes materials for program outreach.
- Orders office supplies as required.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet and email.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1 year office experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Ability to speak second language rather than English is an asset.
- Knowledge of iCARE, CIS or CLARS would be an asset.
LOCATION: Vaughan Welcome Centre, 9100 Jane St., Building H
DURATION: September 2, 2019 until March 30, 2020.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $21.24 – $22.86 per hour
POSTING DATE: August 13, 2019
CLOSING DATE: August 26, 2019
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
quoting reference #87-19, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Email: [email protected] Fax: 416.658.8537
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you discovered this posting.
- Address 1710 Dufferin Street Toronto, ON
- Salary Offer $21.24 - $22.86 per hour $ $21.24 - $22.86 per hour Month