Posted: August 30, 2019
Region: CAN – ON – National Office
Application deadline: September 13, 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- Spend your days working for an organization that helps millions of people around the world every year
- Work with a passionate, high functioning team that works hard, has fun and likes to laugh
- Gain diverse experience in a role that wears multiple hats and has limitless potential
- Specialize and grow your career in the areas of insurance and risk management with continued support and professional development.
The Canadian Red Cross is seeking a hard working and innovative Insurance Analyst to join its Risk Team based in Ottawa. The Insurance Analyst, Legal and Risk will report directly to the Director of Incidents, Insurance and Risk and will play a key role in the management of CRC’s corporate insurance portfolio.
Under the direction of the Director of Incident, Insurance Risk, the Insurance Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day management of the global corporate insurance program. This individual develops and maintains a close liaison with CRC’s corporate insurance brokers regarding on-going management of the corporate insurance program. Flexible hours and ability to work from home.
What You’ll Do
• Assist with the annual renewal of CRC’s corporate insurance policies.
• Prepare insurance renewal data and manage documents required by the insurers for risk assessment.
• Assist with the filing of corporate insurance claims, including: policy analysis, preparation of Proof of Loss, etc.
• Preparation of insurance tools (FAQs, summaries) and management of internal insurance portal.
• Communicate with various CRC stakeholders to ensure that the exposures and loss history are accurately detailed in renewal applications that must be prepared within tight deadlines for the renewal of corporate insurance policies.
• Ensure that all invoices for premium payments are reconciled, verified and paid in a timely manner and charged to the appropriate budgets.
• Tracking mitigations and undertakings related to premiums.
• Oversee the process for requests for certificates of insurance.
• Complete periodic reviews of insurance policies and endorsements as needed.
• Provide guidance, advice and services regarding insurance and risk which are valued by internal clients.
• Assist in researching a variety of topics as assigned and provide report summarizing findings.
• Conduct case management insurance reviews under the Housing and Small Business programs under the supervision of the Director, Incidents, Insurance and Risk.
• Contribute to the development of Housing and Small Business Support programs under the supervision of the Director, Incidents, Insurance and Risk.
• Contribute to the development of the Information As A Service program under the supervision of the Director, Incidents, Insurance and Risk.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience, We’re Flexible
• Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training.
• Minimum 2-4 years’ progressive and relevant work experience in an insurance capacity.
• Bilingual capabilities (French and English) would be an asset.
• Adjuster’s License would be considered an asset.
• Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation and/or Certificate of Risk Management (CRM), considered an asset.
Most importantly, if you are a “get stuff done” personality with a great sense of humor, we look forward to your application.
Longer and/or flexible working hours, especially during crisis management or response is required.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please follow this link: https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify (on the application form and in your motivation letter) that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
- Address 400 Cooper Street, Suite 8000 Ottawa ON Canada $ Month