CARE Canada is currently seeking a bilingual Program Officer to join our Global Health team in Ottawa, Canada.
CARE Canada’s International Operations & Programs (IOPs) unit is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of the organization’s global programs in both development and humanitarian assistance, focusing on the injustice of poverty and gender inequality. In Global Health, CARE Canada is committed to delivering high quality measurable, innovative, impactful programming for vulnerable women and girls .
Under the guidance of a Global Health Program Manager (PM), as Program Officer (PO), focused on monitoring and evaluation, you will work closely with our project teams in the field, supporting the delivery of development programs funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC). As the day-to-day focal point for country offices around the world, you will provide guidance and support to ensure that programs are delivered with high quality and in line with best practice of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
As a requirement of this role, you may be travelling to field offices up to 25% of the time. You’ll be based at CARE’s Ottawa office but travelling frequently and working closely with colleagues on the ground.
Because of the nature of the work, demands are fast-paced and unpredictable. To thrive in this job, you’ll need to be flexible and be willing to both lead and work as part of a close-knit team when needed.
Gender is at the heart of CARE’s mandate, and therefore at the centre of everything we do. You must have a strong commitment to gender equality and be keen to learn more about how this fits into the work that we do.
Is this right for you? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in international development, some of which has been spent working in the field;
- You have previous development experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- You have conducted academic studies using quantitative and/or qualitative methods;
- You are fluent in English and French (exceptional speaking and formal writing ie. reports & communications)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with a high degree of professionalism and strong inter-personal and inter-cultural skills
- You are willing to travel to locations with basic conditions and you’re keen to receive training to do this work safely
- You are comfortable working with competing priorities, are flexible and adaptable
What would make you extraordinary?
- You have previous experience managing humanitarian and/or development Global Affairs Canada funding
- You have managed quantitative and/or qualitative data collection for project evaluation
- You have background in global health programming or another technical speciality area
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- If you saw this position on vacanciesincanada.ca, please indicate that in your application (application form & cover letter) for the improvement of our HR services.
- Address 9 GURDWARA DR, Nepean, ON $ Month