Application deadline: September 03, 2019
DURATION: Permanent, Full Time
DEPARTMENT: International Operations, Emergencies and Recovery
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Deployment Hub.
Reporting to the Director, Response, the Senior Manager of Deployment Hub is responsible for overseeing the timely and safe travel and deployments of Canadian Red Cross (CRC) personnel to international assignments.
About the Canadian Red Cross (CRC): http://www.redcross.ca
What will you do
Leadership and management of timely and safe travel of CRC personnel
- Oversee the deployment process for CRC personnel (selection, assignment onboarding, deployment, assignment offboarding and recognition) to ensure consistency in process and monitor all steps
- Lead CRC personnel through appropriate processes for safe travel
- Ensures resources, processes and tools support effective and accountable travel and deployments from a client perspective
- Provide leadership in identifying and addressing issues and risks in travel and deployments in consultation with senior management
- Ensure compliance processes are clear and monitor application for all CRC personnel travelling and deploying internationally
- Maintain communication with managers and Movement partners on travel and deployments
- Oversees financial objectives of personnel deployment budget (prepare, forecast, analyze and report)
- Ensures required narrative reports are completed in a timely manner, including statistics and personnel related records and documentation
- Manage implementation of informed consent process, including management of relevant documentation for travel and deployments
- Plan, develop and evaluate feedback mechanisms on deployment hub services from stakeholders
Oversee systems and processes for travel and deployments
- Set and evaluate benchmarks for response times and expand and contract deployment hub personnel as required based on workload
- Set-up and measure the performance of deployment hub services, and design improvements to processes, services to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Consistently maintain an in-depth understanding of travel and deployment processes, operational needs, priorities and opportunities for CRC personnel
- Provide leadership in the storage and compliance monitoring of information and documentation on travel and deployments
- Promote consistent application of policy and guidelines, and systems and processes on staff health and safety for travel and deployments
- Recommends travel and deployment policy and process improvements in line with CRC organization outcomes by identifying and evaluating trends and anticipating requirements
- Provide leadership in monitoring personnel compliance on staff health, security and safety on travel and deployments
Lead an effective team
- Direct and organize the work of the deployment hub, overseeing objective setting, performance and issue management
- Lead, inspire, develop and manage the deployment hub team that is accountable to deliver results, share best practices, benchmark externally and scale and grow their skills and impact
- Develops and maintains membership in the functional team and other departments
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks and benchmarking practices
- Fosters team work through a professional exchange of experiences and expertise that can be transferred to other areas of work. Ensures sharing and dissemination of services related materials to all concerned actors
- Provides leadership in advocating for and integrating of Gender Equality and Social inclusion within the team
- Follows all CRC’s policies and procedures required to maintain and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
- Post-secondary university education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in project/program management within a large global organization and strong practical experience in human resources management – ideally in a field environment and in both development and emergency contexts
- Knowledge and experience of project and human resources management, in particular team management on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent management and conflict resolution skills with demonstrated leadership qualities
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
You will stand out if you have
- French would be considered an asset.
What we offer
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Employees Extended Healthcare and Dental plans
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): All employees are entitled to open a RRSP account through voluntary payroll deduction the first of the month following three months of continuous employment
- Travel, accommodation, medical & insurance coverage when deploying
- Pre-deployment and recurring training programs and professional development events in Canada and abroad
- Gym and shower facilities
- Conveniently located in the heart of the city of Ottawa with excellent access to public transportation, shopping, and restaurants.
- Street and indoor parking upon availability
- Modern and flexible working environment that promotes diversity and allows telecommuting.
- The majority of the work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment
- May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment
- May be required to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time up to 20kg (or another weight)
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice
- Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions
- This position may require domestic or overseas travel to attend conferences, workshops and meetings as required
- Periodic travel to countries operations may be required. Field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services in emergency contexts and requiring very strict adherence to security regulations
- Must be medically cleared before travel in accordance with established CRC medical criteria
- Successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable sector check.
- To apply, please follow this link: https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify (on the application form and in your motivation letter) that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, valid passport and First Aid certification. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Address 400 Cooper Street, Suite 8000 Ottawa ON Canada $ Month