The International Operations & Programs (IOPs) Unit is looking for a motivated individual with an interest in international development work, to assist the existing administrative support function. This volunteer opportunity is based in the Ottawa office, reporting to the Administration Officer of the unit.
How can you help?
General support in organizing, setting up and delivering IOPs events:
- Participants’ travel: traveller’s documentation, travel booking, accommodation;
· Welcoming visitors: Help preparing welcome and orientation packages, help coordinating and addressing needs of visitors;
- Events: Assist in preparing events’ materials and in organizing event logistics, such as venues, catering, transportation, etc. General office-related support for and during events.
- General support for IOPs activities;
- Assistance with tasks such scanning, printing, database and web-based research;
- General office organization and building maintenance support.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of High School diploma
- Experience with Word, Excel, Internet and strong communications skills are essential.
- Advanced organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving & negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- English mandatory, bilingual (French-English) preferred
How much time do we need?
A minimum of 4 hours a week for a period of 8 months. If possible, the ideal candidate will be able to attend and provide support during major IOPs events.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to increase your network at a major international humanitarian agency with presence in over 94 countries.
- Gain hands-on professional experience in event and travel planning; grow your knowledge on how a leading non-profit organization operates and program development.
- Free access to CARE Academy courses. CARE Academy is a learning platform with courses available in but not limited to:
× Financial Management
× IT Basics
× IT for IT Professionals
× People Management
× Project Management
- You will receive a certificate of appreciation from your direct supervisor and the end of the term
Great experience for your resume
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (application form & cover letter) where you saw this job posting.
- Address 9 GURDWARA DR, Nepean, ON $ Month