Workshop and Training Development Coordinator – Competition #77-19
Do you have a gift for designing live and online training?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your skills?
Would you thrive in a fast-paced team environment where the details matter?
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (FSEAP)
Family Services Employee Assistance Program (FSEAP) provides clinical counselling services to employees of client organizations who may be experiencing problems in their personal, family, or work lives. In addition, the program provides a variety of organizational services to its corporate clients, including workplace consulting and training, and critical incident stress management responses. As a social enterprise of Family Services of Greater Vancouver (FSGV), FSEAP is a fee-generating business, with all of its profits going to support the larger work of FSGV and the Greater Vancouver community.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
As a Workshop and Training Development Coordinator you will be developing and coordinating the delivery of new and existing workshops and trainings for both in person and online delivery. You will also help develop and manage a new online training platform. In addition, you will be helping with the promotion and growth of our catalogue to new and existing organizations, client groups and the general public. We plan to actively grow this aspect of our programming and this role will be instrumental. You are a clear, skillful, and compassionate communicator with well developed boundaries, time management skills and very strong technological skills.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology, adult education, or a related field, with 2 years of experience as training coordinator, including designing workshops and developing online training; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong attention to detail and a fantastic eye for graphic design and presentation layout
- Knowledgeable in both educational methods and the content development of presentations
- High fluency in computer systems, Internet research and software applications; particularly Publisher and PowerPoint; experience with online learning platforms and content delivery
- Second language would be an asset, but is not required.
- Mental Health and Wellness education and experience would be considered an asset
- Successful completion of criminal record check
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Commitment to Excellence: Identifies and prioritize tasks, develop and implement plans ensuring optimal use of resources, evaluates and documents outcomes, and adjusts activities in order to meet or exceed expectation
- Technological Competence and attention to detail. Effectively utilizes appropriate technology to manage information, maintain records and communicate with clients, colleagues and community partn
- Personal Effectiveness: Maintains effectiveness in the face of stress, change and challenging situations, demonstrating both adaptability and a commitment to learning. Is aware of own assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations and acts consistently with integrity and in alignment with relevant ethical guidelin Appropriately manage one’s own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; and think clearly and stay focused under pressure.
- Collaborative Communication: Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results. Builds rapport and maintains relationships based on mutual respect and trust, appropriate sensitivity and transparency, empathy, and compassion with clients, colleagues, professional associates and the greater community. Encompasses skills of tact, diplomacy, and cultural sensitivity in all encounters with o
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSEAP offers purposeful careers, serving the most vulnerable members of our community. This role offers you the opportunity to make a positive impact in our community. We provide a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSEAP supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: 28-35 hours per week within the standard work week (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Salary: GS9 Step 1 $25.32/hr
Location: Work in the culturally vibrant Vancouver neighbourhood of Commercial Drive & East Broadway
HOW TO APPLY
- If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number # 77-19 in email subject line). Tell us where you heard of this opportunity, outlining your interest and demonstrating your relevant experience for this role in your cover letter.
- FSGV is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to [email protected] for follow-up.
- Send your application to: Andrew Bryson, FSEAP Business and Operations Manager ([email protected])
Post End Date: Open until filled
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
- Address 201 - 1638 E Broadway, Vancouver, BC
- Salary Offer $25.32/hr $ $25.32/hr Month