Our Information Technology team is currently seeking a Systems Developer to join the team in our National Office in Ottawa, ON! If you are interested in joining a fun, flexible and fast paced opportunity in the non-profit sector, this could be the right opportunity for you! The right candidate will be a self-starter, who enjoys a challenging and fulfilling work environment!
Working in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Business Services, and other team members, the Systems Developer designs, develops and implements technical solutions using disparate systems to create data- and web-based solutions for the business.
- Collaborate with other team members to conceptualize, develop, and support new and existing software programs and applications.
- Develop program and scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Analyzing business requirements to design and document technical solutions to meet these requirements.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Developing project plans, including scoping, scheduling, testing, and implementing technical solutions.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues and to maintain currency.
What you bring to the table
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to provide reliable estimates and execute tasks to completion
- Understanding of SOAP and PHP interactions
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to articulate technical and operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience
- Experience administering Drupal and developing Drupal modules
- Familiarity with responsive and accessible design is considered an asset
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment
- If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you! Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) to [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you discovered this posting.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
- Address 1345 Baseline Rd, Ottawa, ON $ Month