Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Location: Toronto or Ottawa (up to 20% international travel annually)
Status: Permanent, full-time
Contact level: A
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor’s focus is to strengthen Plan International Canada and partners monitoring systems, program learning feedback mechanisms, and program evaluations in assigned project portfolios
- Work closely and cross-functionally with technical experts and program managers based in Canada and abroad, and with monitoring and evaluation staff in Plan International Country Offices
- Possess technical proficiency, engaging facilitation skills, and the ability to work congenially within a highly cross-functional and large teams
- Support the implementation of a wide variety of Plan International Canada projects with the objective of improving program effectiveness and ensuring donor compliance
What does success look like?
- Develop and design projects with sound technical foundations including logic models, performance monitoring frameworks and monitoring systems
- Design and implement robust monitoring systems, procedures and evaluation strategies, including technical support to project teams in the achievement of the above
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation products (ie. baseline, endline) and relevant sections of reports (ie. annual project reports) are complete, accurate and detail appropriate information is in line with donor requirements
- Ensure M&E related recommendations are made to project colleagues to strengthen M&E components of projects
- Provide M&E staff in Plan International Country Offices with capacity building and direct support on all aspects of project monitoring systems, including creation and use of data collection tools and protocols, review and quality assurance checks of data, analysis and reporting
- Manage external consultants (remotely) to ensure appropriate design and implementation of surveys and evaluations and the execution of a quality final product, which will include verifying methodology and sampling methods, reviewing analysis framework, review of data and draft reports
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Fluency in English and French is required; other language skills are an asset.
- A proven track record of expertise in designing 1) logic models and performance measurement frameworks for multiple thematic areas, 2) monitoring systems including data collection tools and protocols, creating databases, managing and analyzing data, and presenting data for use by different audiences
- Successfully collaborated with field and head office technical and program colleagues to produce quality monitoring systems, technical and programmatic reports, including the provision of capacity building support
- Used statistical analysis, quantitative and qualitative data collection methods to show the achievement of outcomes, and have used this information to improve programming
- Experience leading consultants to design appropriate studies and deliver quality products in line with project and contractual agreements
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment in an international NGO setting, requiring extensive and effective communication to reach agreements and get things done
How to apply:
- To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by December 10, 2019. Please reference Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor, Bilingual in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
- Address 245 Eglinton Ave East Suite 300 Toronto, Ontario $ Month