Job Fair Date: Thursday, August 8, 2019, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
*please arrive no later than 8:45 am to register at reception.
Location: Toronto, 245 Eglinton Ave E, 3rd floor (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Full-time, Temporary (6-month contract with option for extension)
Contact level: A
Position Hours: Anticipated schedule: 3 evening shifts (scheduled for 8 hours between the hours of 1pm – 12am) and 2 weekend shifts (9am – 6pm)
We are hosting a Job Fair to interview candidates on Thursday, August 8, 2019, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.Registration on Eventbrite is required here. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early. We will begin with a presentation promptly at 9:00 am. Please note that late arrivals will not be admitted. If successful, candidates must be available to start on August 26, 2019.
Mandatory criteria: Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required. Please bring copies of your resume.
The Donor (Customer) Care team is an integral part of Plan International Canada as it supports the care, retention and acquisition of our donor portfolio. Working collaboratively within a team of creative, high energy and like-minded individuals, the ideal candidate will bring an innovative and professional approach to the team and embody the vision and mission of Plan International Canada.
What does success look like?
· Provide exceptional customer service, have empathy and build rapport to make every interaction meaningful through phone, email, written correspondence and live chat
· Ensure optimum performance and first call resolution through active listening, adaptable conversational skills and persuasive questions
· Re-engage lapsed donors and build donor loyalty by providing recommendations and alternative solutions to maintain a donor’s financial contribution
· Continuously educate and inform donors about the impact Plan International Canada is having around the world, enabled through their generosity
· Contribute to the success of Plan International Canada’s campaigns through process improvements and donation processing
As our ideal candidate you will have:
· Fluent in English, bilingual fluency in English and French considered an asset
· Previous non-profit/fundraising experience is preferred
· Experience with sales calls, community outreach, customer service and/or the tele-service industry is an asset
· Accurate data entry skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, excellent database, email software and spreadsheet management experience
· Goal oriented work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and self-motivated to spend approximately 80% of the day on the phone
· Demonstrated persuasion, influencing and verbal communication skills
· A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values
· Adaptable work schedule including availability for shifts during the following hours of operation: 8am-12am, Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm, Saturday and Sunday
*Anticipated schedule to start is: 3 evening shifts (scheduled for 8 hours between the hours of 1pm – 12am) and 2 weekend shifts (9am – 6pm)
· Availability to attend training on August 26, 2019
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team, please register on Eventbrite by August 7, 2019. Further information on the event can be found here.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
- Address 245 Eglinton Ave E #300, Toronto, ON $ Month